Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been in Germany just long enough to get our MS6 delivered, registered and take a drive.

I would like to report the car did very well at sustained speeds in excess of 120 mph. I got passed by BMW, Mercedes, and Porsches but I was very happy with going that speed.

Just wanted to share. :drive:

·
Registered
315 Posts
We have been in Germany just long enough to get our MS6 delivered, registered and take a drive.

I would like to report the car did very well at sustained speeds in excess of 120 mph. I got passed by BMW, Mercedes, and Porsches but I was very happy with going that speed.

Just wanted to share. :drive:
[/b]
Excellent news...if we drive at 120kph.... JAIL in OZ.... lucky bastards!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Excellent news...if we drive at 120kph.... JAIL in OZ.... lucky bastards!
[/b]
75 miles an hour (120kph) involves jail in Australia? Ouch. What is the highway speed limit over there? 65-70 is pretty common here in midwest US (just away from major cities) and the police don't even blink at 75 in a 70. Now 120mph like the original poster noted - I am guessing definite jail and car impound here in the US.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would love to be able to drive the MS6 at that kind of speed without being thrown in the slammer. Montana use to have such a luxury, but not sure that is still true.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
566 Posts
One night, about a month after I took delivery, I had to make it to the hospital for another kind of delivery ;). The last 5 miles of the trip are pretty straight and flat, so I had her wound up to 120 MPH for a minute or two (moonlit, 2 AM with NO traffic on the road). Tracked straight, wind noise acceptable, no drama. It got there pretty quick, too-it keeps pulling above 80-100 mph very nicely!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've had mine up to 115mph. As smooth at that speed as any other speed. Nice, quiet, effortless as well. Would have kept going but there was a car ahead of me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Did 135mph, it felt very stable and still had room to go higher.

The problem is when you go back down to 70mph, you feel you're standing still

·
Registered
315 Posts
75 miles an hour (120kph) involves jail in Australia? Ouch. What is the highway speed limit over there? 65-70 is pretty common here in midwest US (just away from major cities) and the police don't even blink at 75 in a 70. Now 120mph like the original poster noted - I am guessing definite jail and car impound here in the US.
[/b]
In NSW 130kph is a definite lock up offence...Aussies tend to give cars short bursts and drop off speed quickly.....so many radar cops out there....yet 30 years ago I regularly drove to work without hassles up to 130mph...used to time my runs each day to see how I could cut times.......how things have changed.

A quick flex of the right foot in my MPS could be very expensive!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Haha, when I had my evo, I would regularly go to work and back every single day at speeds exceeding 150mph! Felt like I was going 80...Damn, I miss that car! This one's been to 145 though, with alot of tach left in front of the needle!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I would love to be able to drive the MS6 at that kind of speed without being thrown in the slammer. Montana use to have such a luxury, but not sure that is still true.
Thanks,
Jason
[/b]
My cousins and aunt and uncle live in Montana. They have a speed limit now, but just for legal purposes (not enforced nor is it followed) :)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
One thing good with the MPS atleast, due to its terrific roll-on accelerations, I can up the speed much higher than legal speed limit provided the road is slightly tilted up or long straight stretch that you can see no coppers ( police ) in view, but make sure you back down as soon as this condition changes.

·
Registered
315 Posts
One thing good with the MPS atleast, due to its terrific roll-on accelerations, I can up the speed much higher than legal speed limit provided the road is slightly tilted up or long straight stretch that you can see no coppers ( police ) in view, but make sure you back down as soon as this condition changes.
[/b]
Exactly...but still mighty risky...

I remember taking a Bentley Continental GT (very fast car) for an extended road test last year on the OLD PAC Road (Aussies know that road) came round a curve at 130kph (in a 70kph limit) to be greeted by a cop radar car coming my way, as it was on the corner (tight) it apparently didn't register...I flattened it up the hill (over 220kph) and suddenly thought how many Bentley GTs would there be on that road? ...just awfully lucky that day....still have the video

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
haha...I know what you mean. My mate got done around a bend in the old Pac Hwy on his bike doing 140K caugh with the radar. I think he lost his licence for 3 months soon afterward.

Love to see the vid if you still have it :smile:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
all I can say is, I got a speeding ticket doing 75 on a 50 the 2nd day I had my car, not even my fault...friend lost something and needed to get there quick...god damn

but yea compared to my old 6i the ms6 feels quite alot better =)

·
Registered
315 Posts
haha...I know what you mean. My mate got done around a bend in the old Pac Hwy on his bike doing 140K caugh with the radar. I think he lost his licence for 3 months soon afterward.

Love to see the vid if you still have it :smile:
[/b]

Love to show you but you know the consequences if it were to fall into the wrong hands...you can actually see my face ...too incriminating to post....it shows a run from 120kph to 210kph in 7 seconds on the Old Pac Road...bloody fast car with a sleepy Ford Falcon being approached from behind at terminal velocity.....! No wonder the crow word was heard!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts