Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent the folks at AutoArt an email hoping they would honor the Speed6 in scale as they have the Speed8 and apparently are already making the Speed3.

I was totally shot down. They claimed to me that someone else makes the 6 in 1/18th.

Bummer. Why do I go into my local hobby stores and see Volvo s40's and Chevrolet Cobalts... but no Speed6? I mean, c'mon.

BTW: Check out this guys auction on his Speed3. Pretty creative.

Ebay Auction

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Pretty creative auction. But Mazda makes a 1/32 (i think thats the size) MS3. Its ridiculously priced though.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
haha... i like the auction

i kno mazda made a 'limited edition' 1/18 mazda6 hatch but that was their excuse for selling it for like $80 or somethin :sarc: and i dont think they even sell them any more. as long as AutoArt makes a ms6 for a decent price id get it :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as long as AutoArt makes a ms6 for a decent price id get it :D
[/b]
Unfortunately it appears that they are not even open to the idea.

Quoted directly from the return email from AutoArt...

"There is already maker making the Mazda 6 in 1/18. We will not consider making it as well as the Mazdaspeed 6."

Maybe it has something to do with licensing?

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
There's a mainland Chinese diecast company making 1:18 versions of the Mazda6 but it's not AutoArt. No brand name that I know of, but quality seemed pretty good from what I read. My understanding is that they were made to give to dealers in the Orient to promote the Mazda6. Some appeared on eBay but there aren't any on eBay at the moment. I don't know if they'll make a Speed version but I doubt it, due the poor sales of the 1:1 in NA.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm not surprised...I wanted a 97-03 Grand Prix and couldnt find one ever...except for nascar ones...ugh

but if anyone knows of where I can find one, or a Jeep Cherokee I'd be interested

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well... I found the AutoArt rendition of the Speed3.

It still does not makes sense to me... why wouldn't they do the same with the Speed6? Frustrating. :swearin:

AutoArt Mazdaspeed3

Edit: I just noticed it is the same seller from the first auction.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
What do you expect, its his first post.

EDIT: I just seen he joined over six months ago. Maybe he got bored from all the new threads

·
Registered
19 Posts
OMFG. This can't be serious. Instant ban, please.[/b]

please excuse me for being bored on a winter day. I was just reading through some old threads...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts