4,524 Posts
Can we say MS3 ----> [email protected]

Yeah The Mazdaspeed3 will own an SRT-4, and look decent doing it ^_^

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Can we say MS3 ----> [email protected]

Yeah The Mazdaspeed3 will own an SRT-4, and look decent doing it ^_^ [/b]
Don't go by the 'official HP/TQ rating' of the SRT-4. I made that mistake, too. Apparently, the car dyno's well near or above 240whp STOCK.

I whole heartedly expect the MSP3 to take the SRT-4 on a track, but a close drag race.

·
Registered
531 Posts
It'll be close but the speed3 should be a better track car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard that srt-4's can keep up with evo's extremely well from rolling starts. Will it be the same if not better with the MS3?

Yeah I am just referring stock for stock as for we all know there is a wide range of aftermarket support for the srt-4.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I've heard that srt-4's can keep up with evo's extremely well from rolling starts. Will it be the same if not better with the MS3?

Yeah I am just referring stock for stock as for we all know there is a wide range of aftermarket support for the srt-4.
[/b]
of course from a rolling start. FWD's are terrible from stand still because of the wheelspin, torque steer, and weight transfer. the ms3 will be a freeway killer. but against the srt4 in a drag? ill put money on the srt4. sorry, but limited throttle in 1st, heavy wheels, 200 pounds, and less whp will handicap the ms3.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
of course from a rolling start. FWD's are terrible from stand still because of the wheelspin, torque steer, and weight transfer. the ms3 will be a freeway killer. but against the srt4 in a drag? ill put money on the srt4. sorry, but limited throttle in 1st, heavy wheels, 200 pounds, and less whp will handicap the ms3.
[/b]
less hp? He is talking about the neon srt4 which is less powerful than the ms3. Also, the caliber srt-4 is getting heavy 18" rims also

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
less hp? He is talking about the neon srt4 which is less powerful than the ms3. Also, the caliber srt-4 is getting heavy 18" rims also [/b]
Don't go by the 'official HP/TQ rating' of the SRT-4. I made that mistake, too. Apparently, the car dyno's well near or above 240whp STOCK.

I whole heartedly expect the MSP3 to take the SRT-4 on a track, but a close drag race.
[/b]

·
Registered
531 Posts
[/b]

From what I've been reading in the reviews so far, the throttle limiting factor isn't a big deal regarding the ms3. Many seem to agree it will do 60 in under 6. Plus what it lacks in hp against the srt-4 it makes up in torque and weight (it's a little lighter than the Caliber). I'd expect the Caliber to have wheelspin and torque steer like crazy. Only time will tell though.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
From what I've been reading in the reviews so far, the throttle limiting factor isn't a big deal regarding the ms3. Many seem to agree it will do 60 in under 6. Plus what it lacks in hp against the srt-4 it makes up in torque and weight (it's a little lighter than the Caliber). I'd expect the Caliber to have wheelspin and torque steer like crazy. Only time will tell though. [/b]
I thought the SRT-4 Caliber is going to be AWD?

·
Registered
531 Posts
[/b]

I know the r/t is but according to the link posted above the SRT-4 isn't. It's limited slip like the ms3. Maybe they'll offer it later?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
the caliber srt-4 is going to sit 3 inches higher than the neon srt-4. why do you think its getting the bump up to 300hp?

although, on second thought, i really think the whole 300hp thing with the caliber srt-4 is the proper output for the neon srt-4 to begin with. different engines, i know, but probably right...i wouldn't be surprised to see the caliber dyno within a couple percent of the neon.

and, btw, Neon SRT-4 would most certainly win against the speed3 while the Caliber SRT-4 would almost certainly lose

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
How do you guys think it will stack up too against the SRT-4?

EDIT: Neon SRT-4's. lol
[/b]
well instead of performance I'll go with the other features of the vehicles since performance wise they all seem within eachother's reach.

Exterior:
Neon SRT4: :barf: :barf:
Caliber SRT4: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:
MS3: :barf:

MS3 wins with only one barf while the others get stomped! the answer ALL are ugly cars but the MS3 is LESS ugly!

Interior:
Neon SRT4: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: (it looks worse than an EVO!!!!)
Caliber SRT4: :barf: :barf: (still awful...)
MS3: :thumbup: :yesnod:

MS3 wins again. it actually looks good! The seats alone make me drool :drool:

So if anyone actually wants to own these cars and have to live with their looks I'd say the MS3 would be the choice since the other two are just gross and the MS3 is pretty from afar, but far from pretty.

·
Registered
990 Posts
[/b]
the Caliber SRT4 is FWD only...from what I remember, I don't think the AWD system from the lesser Calibers can handle the power & torque of the SRT4.

I think the Neon SRT4 vs the MS3 will pretty much be a drivers race, stock for stock....with the slight advantage going to the Neon due to its lighter weight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts