Mazda 6 Forums banner

Mazdaspeed3 pricing announced

3K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  seanw 
#1 ·
#5 ·
with mods, even minor mods, it may go even higher class....

#6 ·
that's the same price the MS6's are selling for now...except the MS6's MSRP is $28899

#12 ·
I'm so jealous....too bad the SPEED6 wasnt so DAMN expensive!!
[/b]
uh did you see my post above...the speed6's are selling for $22K now...same price the MS3's MSRP will be.

MS3 will defiently be faster though...I'm still jealus over those seats also...

#13 ·
Why the fuck does it have to be a hatch, that's what is holding me back from getting it :swearin:

this is why you make a Speed in Two options!!!!

#14 ·
Why the fuck does it have to be a hatch, that's what is holding me back from getting it :swearin:

this is why you make a Speed in Two options!!!!
[/b]
I'm with you on that...hatch is gross on a sedan

not that I like the rest of the MS3 or 3's styling anyway...too cutsie for me

#15 ·
The more I look at the Speed3 the more I like it. Maybe I'll get lucky and get the wife to let me trade in my 6s for it :hoho:

#16 ·
wow, just went to mazdausa.com, and the offical HP is 263, and torque is 280....

I am going to reserve one now...

#17 ·
the color availability sucks balls. where's white?

#19 ·
wow thanks mazda for totally fucking us over, first it was the extra rebates, then the announcement of the 07 MS6, not they're giving this car away for 22k. i'll be lucky if this car is worth 50% of it's MSRP when my lease is up.
[/b]
"Giving it away"?

A MS6 GT is ~$3,000 more than a loaded Mazda6GT with MTX.

A MS3 GT is ~$3,000 more than a loaded Mazda3GT with MTX.

It has exactly the same premium over a loaded model as the MS6 does. And, in fact, percentage-wise, it has a greater premium than the MS6 does. And it doesn't have the very expensive AWD.

What'd you expect them to do? Charge a couple grand less than the MS6 for it, making it $7,000 more than a comparably-equipped regular Mazda3 despite offering less over a regular model than your MS6 offers over a regular Mazda6?

If they're "giving away" the MazdaSpeed3 at $3,000 over a regular Mazda3 then they must have been "paying you" to get a MazdaSpeed6 even at full MSRP, because you got a whole lot more extra stuff (particularly the $$ AWD, which in and of itself is worth the premium) for the same premium that MS3 buyers are paying.

#20 ·
Actually I heard the AWD on the msp 6 is not on full time like that offered on cars like the WRX. Some actually go as far as to call it 'fake'. Anyway, AWD imo, is a little overrated. It has it's place esp in certain climates and it certainly helps the launch, but it's more expensive to own in the long run and adds a lot of extra weight. Also launching an AWD at high rpms regularly can cause some trannies to explode (talk to the WRX guys)and there are already reports of broken axles on on speed sixes. I think the price for the msp 3 is cheap considering what's being offered. Although it still isn't as cheap as an srt-4 it's definately a good bang for the buck. I will admit though, that the insane rebates and low prices being offered for msp 6 right now, make it a very attractive buy to those looking for that kind of car.

#21 ·
Actually I heard the AWD on the msp 6 is not on full time like that offered on cars like the WRX. Some actually go as far as to call it 'fake'.[/b]
It's not. We've always known that. That's the way that most AWD vehicles are these days.

Anyway, AWD imo, is a little overrated. It has it's place esp in certain climates and it certainly helps the launch, but it's more expensive to own in the long run and adds a lot of extra weight.[/b]
I agree. I don't like AWD myself. But to those that like it, it's almost worth the premium of the MS6 in and of itself. It's certainly the vast majority of the costs involved in the car, that's for sure. The fact that the MS3 has the same premium as the MS6 but not the most expensive 'upgrade' shows that they're not exactly "giving it away". $24K for a compact car ain't exactly cheap.

#22 ·
I agree, I don't think they're giving it away, at least I hope they're not and I do see your point when comparing it to the msp 6 but most reviewers would agree that for the power and specs, when compared to others in its class, it's a bargain.

#24 ·
Ironic...it's like a hit and a miss all in one...Mazda should have put a 3.5 Litre V6 Turbo into the sexiest Mazda of all - The Mazda 6 5 Door...instead they went out and offered a Speed 6 in Sedan Only form and fully disclosed that it was "no STi competitor" ??? Then to ice the cake come up with a plan to make a world-class, fast, cheap to own Mazda 3 Hatch to fully compete with the ... Calibur??? It's so weak - I have the giggles...

#25 ·
We went to the dealer to price them out and see the brochures.. Not out yet they expect the first ones to be on the lot last wek in OCT first of Nov. They are saying 27 for the GT and 22,9 for sport model... Right now that is before they mark it the hell up.

#26 ·
Ironic...it's like a hit and a miss all in one...Mazda should have put a 3.5 Litre V6 Turbo into the sexiest Mazda of all - The Mazda 6 5 Door...instead they went out and offered a Speed 6 in Sedan Only form and fully disclosed that it was "no STi competitor" ??? Then to ice the cake come up with a plan to make a world-class, fast, cheap to own Mazda 3 Hatch to fully compete with the ... Calibur??? It's so weak - I have the giggles... [/b]
A 3.5L V6 Turbo? Are you serious? In a 6 5-door? The fuck. Get your Dodge Charger mentality out of here. The Speed6 already weighs like a cruiser already, and making it a 3.5L V6 5-door hatch would put it easily near 4000lbs. Fuck outta here.

And it's not a STi competitor because the STI costs considerably more. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that the WRX STi is not even in the same size class. The Speed6 is a whopping 10 inches longer, and it has a 5" longer wheelbase. In fact, the Mazda3 sedan has a 4" longer wheelbase, a longer chassis, and it is wider than the WRX STi.

Mazda6 = Subaru Legacy
Mazda3 = Subaru Impreza

There is a $10,000 price difference between the WRX STi and the Speed3. You do the math. They are not in the same class because Subarus are in the near-luxury category.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.