Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Good lord that's a little money.

That's a great price for a car that can beat most others in its class.
[/b]
And beat cars above its class as well!

·
Registered
482 Posts
with mods, even minor mods, it may go even higher class....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
that's the same price the MS6's are selling for now...except the MS6's MSRP is $28899

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Good grief! That's actually...dare I say it...affordable!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm so jealous....too bad the SPEED6 wasnt so DAMN expensive!!
[/b]
uh did you see my post above...the speed6's are selling for $22K now...same price the MS3's MSRP will be.

MS3 will defiently be faster though...I'm still jealus over those seats also...

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Why the fuck does it have to be a hatch, that's what is holding me back from getting it :swearin:

this is why you make a Speed in Two options!!!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Why the fuck does it have to be a hatch, that's what is holding me back from getting it :swearin:

this is why you make a Speed in Two options!!!!
[/b]
I'm with you on that...hatch is gross on a sedan

not that I like the rest of the MS3 or 3's styling anyway...too cutsie for me

·
Registered
288 Posts
The more I look at the Speed3 the more I like it. Maybe I'll get lucky and get the wife to let me trade in my 6s for it :hoho:

·
Registered
482 Posts
wow, just went to mazdausa.com, and the offical HP is 263, and torque is 280....

I am going to reserve one now...

·
Registered
810 Posts
the color availability sucks balls. where's white?

·
Registered
820 Posts
wow thanks mazda for totally fucking us over, first it was the extra rebates, then the announcement of the 07 MS6, not they're giving this car away for 22k. i'll be lucky if this car is worth 50% of it's MSRP when my lease is up.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
wow thanks mazda for totally fucking us over, first it was the extra rebates, then the announcement of the 07 MS6, not they're giving this car away for 22k. i'll be lucky if this car is worth 50% of it's MSRP when my lease is up.
[/b]
"Giving it away"?

A MS6 GT is ~$3,000 more than a loaded Mazda6GT with MTX.

A MS3 GT is ~$3,000 more than a loaded Mazda3GT with MTX.

It has exactly the same premium over a loaded model as the MS6 does. And, in fact, percentage-wise, it has a greater premium than the MS6 does. And it doesn't have the very expensive AWD.

What'd you expect them to do? Charge a couple grand less than the MS6 for it, making it $7,000 more than a comparably-equipped regular Mazda3 despite offering less over a regular model than your MS6 offers over a regular Mazda6?

If they're "giving away" the MazdaSpeed3 at $3,000 over a regular Mazda3 then they must have been "paying you" to get a MazdaSpeed6 even at full MSRP, because you got a whole lot more extra stuff (particularly the $$ AWD, which in and of itself is worth the premium) for the same premium that MS3 buyers are paying.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Actually I heard the AWD on the msp 6 is not on full time like that offered on cars like the WRX. Some actually go as far as to call it 'fake'. Anyway, AWD imo, is a little overrated. It has it's place esp in certain climates and it certainly helps the launch, but it's more expensive to own in the long run and adds a lot of extra weight. Also launching an AWD at high rpms regularly can cause some trannies to explode (talk to the WRX guys)and there are already reports of broken axles on on speed sixes. I think the price for the msp 3 is cheap considering what's being offered. Although it still isn't as cheap as an srt-4 it's definately a good bang for the buck. I will admit though, that the insane rebates and low prices being offered for msp 6 right now, make it a very attractive buy to those looking for that kind of car.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts