Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the impression that I would need the hub rings to install the Mazdaspeed wheels. I finally received my wheels today from Showcase, but the install kit that was required did not have the rings in it, only the lugs and socket. I did a search, but this topic was the only one I could find. According to Sabrina, the kit was supposed to include the rings. I'll be calling Showcase in the morning to verify, but I'm pretty anxious to get these on. So does anyone know for sure if I need the hub rings? I did measure the center bore, and it is at 67mm, which tells me that no, I do not need them. But to the other members that have these wheels, msumlim or fichstix, did your install kit include hub rings?

·
Registered
484 Posts
You could always throw them on there and see how they feel. The rims should fit snug and not be able to move on the hub. Shouldn't take long just to jack up one corner and pop a new wheel on there.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
The install kit should include the hubcentric rings. Remember that sabrina hasn't been at showcase mazda for over a month, so you might be running into the new parts guy that doesn't have a clue about anything

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
There is no hub ring for these wheels, the install kit just includes the lugs and the socket. I have had these wheels on my wife's car for well over a year, no problems at all!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could always throw them on there and see how they feel. The rims should fit snug and not be able to move on the hub. Shouldn't take long just to jack up one corner and pop a new wheel on there.
[/b]
Yeah I thought about doing that. But I am at work at the moment, and don't have a wheel with me. I received the wheels at about 4:00 this afternoon, quickly opened them to make sure everything was okay, then headed out the door. I wanted to go have them installed tomorrow afternoon, and just wanted a quick answer on if I would have to go buy rings, instead of waiting for them to arrive.

The install kit should include the hubcentric rings. Remember that sabrina hasn't been at showcase mazda for over a month, so you might be running into the new parts guy that doesn't have a clue about anything
[/b]
Yeah I have had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with the new parts guy. I placed my order on April 9th, and did not receive the wheels until today, May 1st. I probably placed 10 calls to him asking him when I should expect them, and he would never have an answer, usually just a response that invloved him saying there was a mishap with the order. I almost cancelled the order, and was going to wait until Sabrina got her new site up and running, but he finally called me back saying they got my wheels. I don't like bashing a forum sponser, and the reason I ordered from them was because I heard great things, but I would have to say the service I got was pretty crappy. Oh, and I am also missing one of the valve stems. So either have to buy one for the time being, or wait another month for them to send me one. Probably will never order from them again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no hub ring for these wheels, the install kit just includes the lugs and the socket. I have had these wheels on my wife's car for well over a year, no problems at all!
[/b]

Thank you!!! I knew these were hubcentric, and always thought they would have rings. But having measured the bore, being right at 67mm, and then reading that they did include rings, there was a lot of confussion. But that is good to know, thank you once again!

Well, the good news is that sabrina will be on with her new dealership in a day or two.

http://jimclickmazdaparts.com/
[/b]

Awesome. Yeah I had planned on getting the mazdaspeed springs from Showcase as well, but I will definitely wait to order from Sabrina once she gets settled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
OSU_BC6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing