Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my speed springs put on today They look awsome. The feel isn't all that different. My wife didn't even notice. I think that the way it ride over bumps and dips in the road is much less bouncy and the steering is more tight. I measured the height from the center of the wheel to the edge of the fender before I had it done and after. The front before was 15 1/2'' and the back was 13 5/8". After they were in the front and rear measured the same 14". It evened out the gap quite nicely.

Before front

Before rear

After front

After rear

Once it is settled I will see if it is still as even. My stock rears must have been sagging a bit from my subs and inclosure.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
So those are the OEM springs from the Mazdaspeed6 Wagon? Is there a MS wagon? Or am I missing something?

Anyways, looks nice bro :)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
So those are the OEM springs from the Mazdaspeed6 Wagon? Is there a MS wagon? Or am I missing something?

Anyways, looks nice bro :)
[/b]
You you are missing something. There is no mazdaspeed wagon. Mazdaspeed makes springs for the wagon/hatchback that many of us suggested awhile back would look good and drive well on a sedan. A lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon and he is one of the guys to do it.

The mazdaspeed springs for the sedan would sag greatly on the hatchback and even more on the wagon so they released different springs where the rear springs accounted for the additional weight.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the good comments. I will get some pics further back and post them later today.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Oh, I see.

Looks great, I never would have thought it would work out, but apprently it does.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Maybe he made a mistake typing his measurements, because from the pics, it looks lowered. It looks pretty good. Definately take some more pics from farther back.

Just for those who are a little confused about the "wagon" springs, these are the same as the springs we have been calling "MS hatch springs" because they are hatch/wagon springs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the flew really bad so I didn't get a good pic from far back yet. I will see if I can get one tomorrow. As for the higher in the back it is. My factory springs the back tire was tucked a bit and looked saggy comared to the front. I have subs and stuff in the trunk and my take was that where the speed spring were stiffer they are not sagging at all and hold the car more even.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What size tires are those?
[/b]
They are the factory ones. 215, 50, 17. They wheels are +42 offset and they dont rub. I had my wife's father in the back yesterday with the subs in the trunk and no rubbing. The fenders are rolled. It would rub if they weren't.

I got a pic of the whole look.

·
Registered
799 Posts
wow, your front end looks a lot lower then mine, I have a wagon with the Mazda Speed wagon springs as well but my front end is much higher??

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
wow, your front end looks a lot lower then mine, I have a wagon with the Mazda Speed wagon springs as well but my front end is much higher??
[/b]

Could be camera angle, or maybe his right front tire is raised since he parked on the side of the road.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is how it sits. The spot where it is parked is the levelest spot in my driveway. Before the springs I could get four fingers in the gap at the front and now I can barely get one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
Strobed6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing