Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i just did my mazdaspeed springs and swaybars, except the front swaybar doesnt fit???? Springs went in fine, and the rear sway bar too, but they said the front wont work on the 06's because of the exhaust, they moved the catalytic converter or something, and claim the new front sway bar wont work. Anyone had this already???? other than that, i like the handling now, i really would like the front swaybar in there, but i'm trying to find out whats up. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i thought wiggum said it was the other way around? hmmm either way that sucks man maybe somebody with a MS6 will buy your front sway.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Confirm by a dealer check of oem front bar part numbers, 05 vs 06.

If so, the adjustable 22.xmm rear is still a nice addition.

Sell the 26.x mm front to someone with an earlier model and a Progress or RB rear only, for less roll and quicker turn in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought wiggum said it was the other way around? hmmm either way that sucks man maybe somebody with a MS6 will buy your front sway.
[/b]
well, i work at a different part of the dealership, they in fact are trying to get something situated with mazdaspeed for me, since i bought the springs and swaybars with the impression they would work fine. I dont know if its a problem because i have a v6 with a 6speed auto or not. Definitely got the springs and rear sway bar in there, i can tell they tried to get the front in, but it didnt make it :tear: anyone have any different ideas as a good match to the one already in there????

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well, i just did my mazdaspeed springs and swaybars, except the front swaybar doesnt fit???? Springs went in fine, and the rear sway bar too, but they said the front wont work on the 06's because of the exhaust, they moved the catalytic converter or something, and claim the new front sway bar wont work. Anyone had this already???? other than that, i like the handling now, i really would like the front swaybar in there, but i'm trying to find out whats up. Anyone have any ideas?
[/b]
If you don't get it in. I'll buy it. PM if you decide to sell.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you don't get it in. I'll buy it. PM if you decide to sell.
[/b]
well, i just got back from SEMA, i got to talk to them there, when i explained the problem to them, they just smiled and said they got a call about it a week ago. I said yeah, that was my car. Is it weird that ive had my car about 8 months, and they just found this out???? hasnt anyone with an 06 done swaybars yet????? i find that hard to believe.

and the problem they said is the crossmember and the catalytic convertor were moved and causes the front swaybar to not fit

PM me an offer for it, flarearrow

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I know I am waking this topic up from quite a slumber, but I heard about the same issue you were having when I was going to order the MS swaybar kit in a group buy. Mazdausa site says that the swaybars will fit '04-'07 (including the MS6) models, but our sponsor here at Rosenthal Mazda fitment sheet says that it fits all models but the '06-'07 V6 models (sedan,hatch, and wagon) as well as not fitting either MS6. Quite a conflict of information, isn't it? Any updates to a workaround or is their a front swaybar that will fit the '06/'07 models?
:seeya:
Paul

·
Registered
316 Posts
hey paul,

i have found the work around for you. Ill trade my 03 for your 07. All the parts that you could want will work and you won't have any more problems!

Hope you can drive a stick!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
MS sways no-go for 06-07 V6. Sell 'em.

Btw is the rear adjustable ... 2 holes ?

RB does make em for your car. BIG ones.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I can drive a stick sport6, but the wife can't. Otherwise I would be a speed6 owner. Plus I am enjoying have only 10,000 miles on mine.:p

Kevin,
Luckily, I didn't buy the MS swaybars yet. I was going to through Rosenthal Mazda's group buy but their list said they wouldn't work. As for the rear being adjustable, I don't know.
So the RB ones will work for both the front and rear with no issues? Any other brands out there?

Paul

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I know the Racing Beat front sway bar doesn't fit the 2006 V6 model. I have one on my 2006 4cyl and it fits fine though.

I wouldn't think that Mazdaspeed would sell a part that doesn't fit their own car.. weird.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts