Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.finishlineperformance.com/cgi-b...8&preadd=action

If you click on the link above, you'll see there's two options: 4cyl & v6.

Everybody says they're for the 4cyl. only, can someone confirm this claim?
Also, what would be the benefit of getting these over Eibachs. (other than the warranty issue.. obviously i'm not paying 500 bux to have the dealer install them)

I'm really thinking about buying springs right now, but can't decide between RB's, Tanabe's, and Mazdaspeed's.

Help me out.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
How about a Mazdaspeed coilover kit?

I think you're better off saving up unless you're doing it just for looks.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I had the money to buy coil-overs..

Sabrina, are they identical to the pro kit lowering springs made by Eibach?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Originally posted by Showcase Mazda@Apr 15 2005, 01:49 PM
I'm not supposed to say this...but they are Eibach springs. Mazda contracted Eibach to make the Mazdaspeed Springs.
And as for the coilovers, Mazda hasn't released them yet.
[snapback]393573[/snapback]​
Any idea on a timeframe for MS Coilovers?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Originally posted by Showcase Mazda@Apr 15 2005, 05:49 PM
I'm not supposed to say this...but they are Eibach springs. Mazda contracted Eibach to make the Mazdaspeed Springs.
And as for the coilovers, Mazda hasn't released them yet.
[snapback]393573[/snapback]​

ooooooooo im telling!!! sneaky mazdaspeed! i guess thats a way to increase the price and slap your name on it. either way it rides like a dream, honestly. aside from the aesthetic quality of your car (looks badassed dropped) you really feel the performance upgrade from this install. you really can control your car without sacrificing the ride quality.

·
Registered
150 Posts
One difference between these and the (standard) Eibachs seems to be the amount of lowering. Listings I've seen for the MazdaSpeed springs indicate they lower the car about 20mm (.78"). Whereas the Eibachs lower by about 38mm (1.5") front and 35.5mm (1.4") rear.

So, the MazdaSpeed should be more like the RacingBeats in their lowering. No word on whether the MazdaSpeeds have a progressive spring rate like the Eibachs or are linear like the RBs.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm thinking about picking up a set of these to try out. Lowers abouit 1.2 inch which is good for me in NYC!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Interesting...my Mazdaspeed dealer by my house i called to see how much for the parts said these springs arent available till June. Dealers get things at different times?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Originally posted by Ryobob+Apr 15 2005, 11:56 AM-->
Sabrina, are they identical to the pro kit lowering springs made by Eibach?
[snapback]393576[/snapback]​
[/b]
I'm not too sure on if they're identical. One of themembers of local Mazda club is going to put them on his car, so when we install them, I'll compare them to the those of the other members, who have the Eibachs.

Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2005, 02:47 PM
Any idea on a timeframe for MS Coilovers?
[snapback]393642[/snapback]​
These are due out 7-16-05. But this date is still tentative.

Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2005, 06:19 AM
ooooooooo im telling!!! sneaky mazdaspeed! i guess thats a way to increase the price and slap your name on it. either way it rides like a dream, honestly. aside from the aesthetic quality of your car (looks badassed dropped) you really feel the performance upgrade from this install. you really can control your car without sacrificing the ride quality.
[snapback]394716[/snapback]​
Yes. The 6 does look much better dropped. And it handles so much smoother.

<!--QuoteBegin-UCLeadGuitar
@Apr 18 2005, 11:45 AM
Interesting...my Mazdaspeed dealer by my house i called to see how much for the parts said these springs arent available till June.  Dealers get things at different times?
[snapback]394837[/snapback]​

Its the coilover that are to be released this summer, not the springs.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RB drop isn't all that much.. So I suppose it would lean towards more of a performance upgrade than aesthetics. Hmm.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I ordered a set of mine from http://www.finishlineperformance.com/

He gave them to me for 204.75...he said basically cost. The guys name is tommy there and he said to email or call him and he will do that price for the springs.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Originally posted by UCLeadGuitar@Apr 18 2005, 03:52 PM
I ordered a set of mine from http://www.finishlineperformance.com/

He gave them to me for 204.75...he said basically cost.  The guys name is tommy there and he said to email or call him and he will do that price for the springs.
[snapback]394869[/snapback]​
tsk tsk not ordering from our sponsors ;)

but yeah, tommy is a good guy usually.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Originally posted by MZ6ZoomZoom@Apr 18 2005, 03:51 PM
tsk tsk not ordering from our sponsors ;)

but yeah, tommy is a good guy usually.
Speaking of which, I've never found a price that Sabrina at Showcase Mazda couldn't match or beat.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Tommy is interested in becoming a sponsor...he said he emailed u guyz onec and got no response so he didnt bother anymore. I think we should get him on the boards as well! The more competetion...the better the prices for us!

·
Registered
977 Posts
1 - 20 of 93 Posts