Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
been searching for this but everyone with STOCK tires/struts/rims says the tires woudln't rub with these springs installed
I have got a hatch myself
and looking forward to install these
anyway
there's this piece of "wall"around the tires/wheel (behind the rear tires) looks like it's gonna get rubbed by the tire tips after I drop the car on these springs
that's my concern right now
does anyone know what I am talking about?
if not I will try to get a pic and post it up..
thanks a whole bunch guys~

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,570 Posts
If it's the MazdaSpeed springs from your dealer, I guarantee that it will not rub. Especially with OEM wheels, and tires up to 215/45/18 (the stock MS6 size) the tires will not rub.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's the MazdaSpeed springs from your dealer, I guarantee that it will not rub. Especially with OEM wheels, and tires up to 215/45/18 (the stock MS6 size) the tires will not rub.
[/b]
alrite ~ let me post a pic here
:D
mine's an 04 hatch btw.. I hope they are designed for my car as well
anyway here it is
http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=walllg8.jpg
the red circle that I drew, the "wall" seems to be curved in onto the wheels.. but not touching
I haven't installed
just wondering
thanks!

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,570 Posts
Nah you will be fine. That's not a hatch BTW, it's a sedan. I have the same car, only it's an 06 and Redfire.

Mazda is not going to sell a part through its dealers AND have a 1 year/12k warranty on it if it doesn't fit your car. Especially if you're not using aftermarket wheels. Trust me, you will be fine. ;)

Post some more pics of the car besides just the right back side. :p

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah you will be fine. That's not a hatch BTW, it's a sedan. I have the same car, only it's an 06 and Redfire.

Mazda is not going to sell a part through its dealers AND have a 1 year/12k warranty on it if it doesn't fit your car. Especially if you're not using aftermarket wheels. Trust me, you will be fine. ;)

Post some more pics of the car besides just the right back side. :p
[/b]
I know that's not a hatch but that's the only pic i could found online (of the walls :))
thanks though how's the feel right now on your lowered car? I will post another pic up tomorrow morning in daylight to get a better idea

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i can guarantee they will not rub... i had the MS springs put on last month with stock 17" rims and tires, also stock shocks, no rubbing... i also have an 04 hatch...

Pics of my ride lowered w/ stock setup:
Pics of MS Springs w/ Stockies

now, if you go aftermarket you most likely will have too roll depending on the setup... i just went 18x8 +50 and had to roll rear....

Pics of my ride w/ aftermarket wheels, fenders rolled:
Aftermarket wheels

to answer your other concern if there was rubbing it would occur where the fender lip is not that piece in the pic....

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Springs will not cause your tires to rub. They may increase the frequency of rubbing with an aftermarket wheel-tire combo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts