1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on corksport:

http://corksport.com/store/category/5iwl/ate-intake.html

Mazdaspeed Sport Muffler V6.

Does anyone have more info on this? I googled and didn't find much. Is it actually an axelback mazdaspeed exhaust ala racing beat?

I know there is also a full mazdaspeed catback exhaust v6 that soome peope are saying are bosals, but others are saying are not and that bosal never made anything for mazdaspeed.

Anyone have any further info?

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
From the picture it looks like an axle-back, but I have the Mazdaspeed catalog and for the V6 it's actually a cat-back, the one for the I4 is an axle-back.

And I still want to know from people who has had experience with both, which is a better cat-back for the V6, the Mazdaspeed one or the Magnaflow one? I know neither provides much if any performance gains, but which one sounds better? And is the Mazdaspeed one worth the extra money in terms of quality if the RPM store sells the Magnaflow for such a good price?

·
Registered
200 Posts
From the picture it looks like an axle-back, but I have the Mazdaspeed catalog and for the V6 it's actually a cat-back, the one for the I4 is an axle-back.

And I still want to know from people who has had experience with both, which is a better cat-back for the V6, the Mazdaspeed one or the Magnaflow one? I know neither provides much if any performance gains, but which one sounds better? And is the Mazdaspeed one worth the extra money in terms of quality if the RPM store sells the Magnaflow for such a good price?
[/b]
Mazdaspeed Exhaust(non-Bosal) Is alot better than the Magnaflow in my opinion I have had both. I got the Magnaflows from RPM when I first got my car . I later switched about a week ago to the Mazdaspeed Exhaust and im glad I did. I can actually feel more pep in the car. It has a nice smooth sound not raspy or drony in any way.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Mazdaspeed Exhaust(non-Bosal) Is alot better than the Magnaflow in my opinion I have had both. I got the Magnaflows from RPM when I first got my car . I later switched about a week ago to the Mazdaspeed Exhaust and im glad I did. I can actually feel more pep in the car. It has a nice smooth sound not raspy or drony in any way.
[/b]
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The parts from Corksport are JDM Mazdaspeed. Since Japan does not have a V-6, not sure how they would sound or work on your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
[/b]
Yea I just put the MS exhaust on my 06 sportwagon. Sounds great does feel peppier but, Its about 11/2 to 2" short and I'm sure it's due to the wagon being longer. I dont think it will cause any problems with the bumper though.

·
Registered
901 Posts
[/b]
That extra peppiness is allll in your head. :drive:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Saw this on corksport:

http://corksport.com/store/category/5iwl/ate-intake.html

Mazdaspeed Sport Muffler V6.

Does anyone have more info on this? I googled and didn't find much. Is it actually an axelback mazdaspeed exhaust ala racing beat?

I know there is also a full mazdaspeed catback exhaust v6 that soome peope are saying are bosals, but others are saying are not and that bosal never made anything for mazdaspeed.

Anyone have any further info? [/b]

$491 EACH for mufflers........? Are you out of your mind..?????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
DennisW
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing