Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back from the dealer. I decided to have them do the install, it really didn't look hard, I just didn't want to mess with it. Cost a little more than expected as of course their estimate of labor was under, but I was kinda counting on this from the start. Anyways, man what a difference. A lot of people say this is a must do, and it certainly is. Now all I have to do is change out the fluid, thinking of MT-90, and put on a heavier shift knob. Any suggestions? Preferably one that won't scald my hand during the summer when I touch it (even the stockie gets very hot here).

·
Registered
436 Posts
I agree; I did the install myself yesterday and it is a HUGE difference. I ordered some MT-90 from my local speed shop and that's going in next week too.

You should have tried the install yourself. I really enjoyed it, very straightforward once you get in there.

I'm thinking of maybe a TWM Type R in Gunmetal Blue...

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I have a TWM shift knob, and it is great, very heavy, but it's definitely hot as all hell in the summer, as well as cold in the winter. It's tolerable though, I wouldn't change it for anything.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have TWM's .44 Magnum shift knob, matched with the Mazdaspeed Short Shifter, nice combo, very nice.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i have the twm shift kit (DYI), and when christmas hits, i'm getting the M1 abrams flat black.

pretty sure its gonna r0x0r.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
i have the twm shift kit (DYI), and when christmas hits, i'm getting the M1 abrams flat black.

pretty sure its gonna r0x0r.
[/b]

You'll love it. I've been nothing but satisfied with my TWM shifter/knob combo. It's a great product.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I just ordered the Mazdaspeed one from one of our sponsors (mazdasportparts.com). I like it better than the TWM one because I don't like how stubby that one is, I want to keep the stock shifter height.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts