Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know the weight for the 18 inch mazdaspeed6 rims. I did a search and found 25lbs, but I believe thats for the other mazdaspeed 18s, not the ones that come stock on the speed6.

Thanks,
CaTiRo

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, i wasn't sure if that was for the special order mazdaspeed rims or the ones that came standard on the speed6. well that sucks, i don't want anything heavier than stock. wonder why they weigh more than the rx8 rims.

·
Registered
721 Posts
originally posted by wiggum:

RX8 wheels weighed 19lbs on the same scale a stock speed6 wheel weighed 23 lbs..

[/b]
keep in mind this is a relative measure, we're not sure how well calibrated his scale was.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I bought 4 RX8 wheels and weighed each on a digital bathroom scale (sorry, that's the best that I had at the time). Each one weighed in at 21.5lbs (plus or minus 0.2lb as that's the resolution of the scale). This is a pretty decent scale that goes through a self calibration each time before taking a measurement. It may have some absolute error, but the relative differences between different items should be accurate. To see how the RX8 rims with tires faired vs stock MS6 rims with stock tires, see the Member's Wheels thread above to read my comments:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...6108&st=135

1 - 7 of 7 Posts