Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been waiting a week and a half for my mazdaspeed intake to arrive :irate: , and i will have limited time to install it, so i wanted to look through the directions first.

if anyone has a walkthrough specific to the turbo engine, i would love see one. unless of course its not that different from the 6s install i found on the tech page

·
Registered
477 Posts
Here's a tip if you don't have a lot of time. Remove the air silencer in advance. To do this, put the front wheels on rhino ramps and undo the 4-5 screws at the bottom front of the inner fender cover. Using a small ratched with a deep socket, undo the 3 (iirc) bolts. Since the front two are blind, it can take a bit of time. The rest of the install is cake and should take 30 minutes.

·
Registered
661 Posts
ive been waiting a week and a half for my mazdaspeed intake to arrive :irate: , and i will have limited time to install it, so i wanted to look through the directions first.

if anyone has a walkthrough specific to the turbo engine, i would love see one. unless of course its not that different from the 6s install i found on the tech page

[/b]
:search:

harder

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the resonator and related pieces are already out...so that will make it easier certainly. guess ill try searching harder............................................

·
Registered
661 Posts
Instructions:
1. Disconnect neg batt cable.
2. Unclip maf from wiring harness
3. Unscrew intake pipe from turbo inlet and remove all hoses connecting to intake pipe.
4. Lift off upper airbox and remove filter and stock intake pipe and set on bench.
5. remove silencer (remove bumper or front fenderwell to get to silencer.
6. Install MAF from stock pipe to new intake pipe.
7. Reverse install.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
neato...sounds easy. if the resonator is already out of the car, is a socket extension still needed?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why bother posting that?

i dont have the guide, that's the whole point. i have to go to my roommate's parents' house to do this and i have limited tools and limited time

i dont know if the socket extension is listed only as a necessary tool for the resonator delete or for other bolts as well.

please dont make posts that you know dont help at all

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
okay asshole, if you can't even install a simple intake with out help. You have worse things to worry about like being retarded.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay asshole, if you can't even install a simple intake with out help. You have worse things to worry about like being retarded.
[/b]
what is your problem? if the thread bothers you that much, just dont read it. i made the title very very clear for that reason. i didnt ask how to do it, i asked to see a walk through or a pdf of the instructions so i can figure out what tools are needed for the different steps in advance.

i guess anyone who tries to find tools in advance is a retarded asshole.

·
Registered
998 Posts
[/b]
Careful. I think I'm the one that posted this comment the first time and got flamed.

But I still feel the same way.

An intake is easier than changing oil. Why do you need directions?

Figure it out, that's the fun part of working on your own car.

Jason

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
installing an intake is apparently easier than reading the posts.

I NEVER ASKED HOW TO DO A SINGLE STEP.

I simply wanted to know what tools are required for which steps.

i swear, you guys are flame happy and refuse to read before calling people names and other ridiculous nonsense

·
Registered
661 Posts
dude, with all due respect, you did ask "if anyone has a walkthrough specific to the turbo engine"

that sort of implies you're asking how to do it, yeah?

it's easy, don't sweat it - just bring a 10mm socket and wrench, a flat blade screwdriver, a stubby phillips screwdriver, some pliers, and of course, beer and swear words.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dude, with all due respect, you did ask "if anyone has a walkthrough specific to the turbo engine"

that sort of implies you're asking how to do it, yeah?

[/b]
i can understand why you thought i was implying that, makes sense. turns out i wasnt, but its no big deal...and i dont think it makes either of us assholes, lol.

anyway, im not worried about it being hard, i honestly just hate having to leave my tool chests in ny when i move down here to DC for school each year. also, i didnt want to go out to sears and by a socket extension for 40 bucks when i have two at home and might not need it afterall.

edit: cowbell...i cant wait to meet you at a VA/DC/MD meet. I'll be the guy in the retarded asshole shirt with the intake sticking out of the grill

·
Registered
998 Posts
i can understand why you thought i was implying that, makes sense. turns out i wasnt, but its no big deal...and i dont think it makes either of us assholes, lol.

anyway, im not worried about it being hard, i honestly just hate having to leave my tool chests in ny when i move down here to DC for school each year. also, i didnt want to go out to sears and by a socket extension for 40 bucks when i have two at home and might not need it afterall.

edit: cowbell...i cant wait to meet you at a VA/DC/MD meet. I'll be the guy in the retarded asshole shirt with the intake sticking out of the grill
[/b]
As with any car you'll need the following:
10, 12,15,17 mm standard and deep well sockets
cresent wrench, channel locks, needle nose, long and short flat and phillips screwdriver, rubber mallet, electrical tape, zip ties, and WD40. Put those in a small case and throw it next to your spare tire.

If it's worst than that, use your warranty and have it towed :) or call AAA if you choose not to use the warranty towing.

Jason

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm sorry to tell ya man but I have to agree with everyone, it did sound like you wanted a full set of directions, which are out here somewhere because i've used them to install mine..

Oh and dont mind cowbell, he can be harsh but he is very helpful most of the time.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
[/b]
My feelings are best represented with this:

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sorry to tell ya man but I have to agree with everyone, it did sound like you wanted a full set of directions, which are out here somewhere because i've used them to install mine..

Oh and dont mind cowbell, he can be harsh but he is very helpful most of the time.
[/b]
i did want full directions...but for figuring out tools needed, not to figure out the install. i cant be that "retarded" if i got the resonator out by myself, lol.

and youre right, i dont mind cowbell, ive never taken issue with any of his posts before. it all comes with the territory and i am ok with that. anyway... :zzz:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
why bother posting that?

i dont have the guide, that's the whole point. i have to go to my roommate's parents' house to do this and i have limited tools and limited time

i dont know if the socket extension is listed only as a necessary tool for the resonator delete or for other bolts as well.

please dont make posts that you know dont help at all
[/b]

i tried to help and you post this shit? sorry man, no sympathy. Shove that intake up your anus.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts