Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have on the mazdaspeed cold air intake on there 6? what is a good brand that will give (if any) a nice performance boost. I also finally got pictures. It only took me all night.

[attachmentid=17882]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Like the sig says, call me "Mazdaspeed Accessory Guy"!!

I like the Mazdaspeed cuz it gives a nice throaty growl and just knowing that it was made by Mazda. The performance boost isn't huge but it does feel a little more peppy during acceleration. If you really want "more" performance, go with the CP-E intake. People have been really happy with it but seriously if you drag race one with the Speed and one with the CP-E there will probably only be a difference of 1.23452312e-8 seconds. You're not going to see huge gains as you would on other vehicles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like the sig says, call me "Mazdaspeed Accessory Guy"!!

I like the Mazdaspeed cuz it gives a nice throaty growl and just knowing that it was made by Mazda. The performance boost isn't huge but it does feel a little more peppy during acceleration. If you really want "more" performance, go with the CP-E intake. People have been really happy with it but seriously if you drag race one with the Speed and one with the CP-E there will probably only be a difference of 1.23452312e-8 seconds. You're not going to see huge gains as you would on other vehicles.
[/b]

the mazdaspeed exhaust is the the one where it has the mazdaspeed logo on the tail pipes. did you notice any better performance after you installed it? do you have the mazdaspeed flywheel as well?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Aside from my racing beats...most mods I have are mazdaspeed. If its available from mazda, I usually get it (the springs are on the floor waiting for after christmas). Im very happy with the mazda CAI, and along with the exhaust it sounds great. I can agree with 2poor4MS6...I too like accessories and m'speed logos lol. Besides keeping the "theme" I feel that mazdaspeed products provide just enough fun to driving without going overboard or feeling empty. Go for those sway bars and you will understand why I have faith in mazdas products.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
the mazdaspeed exhaust is the the one where it has the mazdaspeed logo on the tail pipes. did you notice any better performance after you installed it? do you have the mazdaspeed flywheel as well?
[/b]
I noticed an increase in performance with the CAI but I haven't driven around with my exhaust enough to really see any additional performance gaiin. I honestly got the exhaust because it looked and sounded great and not for performance. I have no delusions about the 6, it looks damn good but it wasn't built for serious speed so i don't expect any (reasonable) mods to increase performance or horsepower dramatically. I do not have the Mazdaspeed flywheel and have no plans on getting it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts