Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried swapping in the factory motorized panel yet???? since i work for the dealer (sort of) i wanted to see if i can get the necessary parts for it, and figured i would see if anyone has tried this yet. I cant see the dash insides being that different. Before i go grab a speed 6 and tear it apart, and make it work in my 6s, anyone got a list of parts that they tried to source????

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
It all will "bolt up". A couple of years ago I put a factory motorized nav screen from a European 6 into my old 6 and proved as much. The problem you will run into is the wiring to make it work. Plus, you will need the screen, the LCD display underneath, the dvd nav player, wheel speed sensor wiring, the yaw angle sensor in the steering wheel, the center console shifter plate with the remote, the GPS antenna and probably some other items I am forgetting about right now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all will "bolt up". A couple of years ago I put a factory motorized nav screen from a European 6 into my old 6 and proved as much. The problem you will run into is the wiring to make it work. Plus, you will need the screen, the LCD display underneath, the dvd nav player, wheel speed sensor wiring, the yaw angle sensor in the steering wheel, the center console shifter plate with the remote, the GPS antenna and probably some other items I am forgetting about right now.
[/b]
thanks for the heads up, being an expert at wiring and circuit integration, i can handle that. Also im not technically using the factory screen and nav, im going to go with a carputer setup. but i also looked at motorizing the factory panel thats there, and it would require alot of cutting. So trying to make it easier, i want to source the needed parts and add my own screen with my computer hidden. Then i'm using the factory cd player and a rockford 360.2 as my audio out. I know it sounds like alot of work, but i need the dash to be as factory as possible.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Well, then I'd look around at how others have done it making their own motorized door there. That would have to be cheaper than getting a motorized compartment and hacking it up to install in another monitor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, then I'd look around at how others have done it making their own motorized door there. That would have to be cheaper than getting a motorized compartment and hacking it up to install in another monitor.
[/b]
i got the list, wow, i may as well make this myself. Way too much money for just the part thanks for the heads up. This is my first mazda, i drove VW's for the last 10 years, and got tired of all the problems with the cars themselves. I'm happy with my 6, just not really happy about the dash :irate:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts