Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get the interest up to have an ALL MAZDASPEED MEET somewhere. What i want to start off with is finding out if all you other speed owners are interested in doing something like this? Next will be what would you like to do the most at the meet?

DRAG?
autoX?
CARSHOW?
MOD MEET?
DYNO?

ON the light side

Just have a BAR BQ/Carshow?
Cruise?

If we go this route i am thinking if we can get a good enough turn out that we might car get some sponcers to come out and have some of their product there for sale as well as demostrations of new product. I think it will be an awsome sight to see so many SPEEDs in one place.

Now for all you NON speed owners that have their eyebrow curled up at me right now. You are also invited as this might be the platform that pushes you over to the DARK SIDE to the SPEEDSIDE!!! we are all family so i am no way counting you guys out as think it would be a sight to behold to see that many speeds in one place since most of us try to see how many speeds that they can spot while driving on the road. I think most have seen maybe 2-3 at the most. SO please don't get mad at me for the title of this post.

So what do you guys think? Can we get this done? As for the date i think it should be sometime in the summer as it might take that long to get this rolling as set up. PLEASE NO NEGETIVE COMMENTS!!!!!
Constructive but not negative are welcome.

UPDATE 12/23/06

ok i hear a lot of you chi town guys/gals speaking loud and clear. Not to say that it is going to happen there as of yet but. IF it were to happen there I need more info as far as tracks weather it be AUTOx or DRAG. I need hotel info. I need eating places and how far from the hotel they are (just approximate) I need to know prices for the hotels (just apprximate) a website for the track so that i can check this out for comparisions to other tracks that maybe chosen.

I heard a comment about where i live versus where the meet is going to be held. Well i think i started off by giving you guys the chance to pick the place and eventually everyone will possibly vote on this. Now as for the maryland, va, dc area concern i like summit point as i have never been there but that is an AUTOx track. Also i like Budds creek raceway. Both are nationally reconized tracks. Hotels are within 5-7 miles of budds creek and you have a mall about 20-25 minutes away from the track. This info was for budds creek, but i don't know about summit point as of yet but i will find out. Summit point by the way is in west virginia.
i also like atco raceway and englishtown. Maple grove is a great track as well. So i am will to drive to make this happen but i want it to be as fair as i can for everyone. Where ever it is going to be held someone is going to have to drive a great distance. This is going to be a 2 day event so that way you don't have to drive lets say 10 hours and then urn right back around and drive back the next day.

Also it looks like to me that everyone is going to do drag racing. Is ths correct? If so then i will look into drag racing tracks. I have not been autoxing before so i would like to do it. So if we can get a drag track that is big enough to do some autoxing in the parking lot and they allow that then that might be an ideal place to have the meet in itself. If we get that we might want to incorporate a mobile dyno if possible. Just a thought.

Ok now for the west coasters, well i am not sure but i have an idea. If the concensus is that no one wants to drive that far where ever the meet is then maybe you guys can set up a mirror of what we are doing on the west coast? Also a suggestion is that you can fly out this way and join the other speeders on the other side of the continent and we likewise if you guys get yours going. This is one way of building that family that is long distance.

MS3's Proteges and other MSers:

I have posted on all the other boards that i can think of that has a section for MS anything. But if you guys are on other board and you want to invite them to come here and post so that we will not have multiple threads with multiple conversations then that will help alot better. Like i said i want this to be an ALL MAZDASPEED MEET!!!!! so if you have a mazdaspeed or MPS badge on your car from the factory (LOL) then lets get together. Again THIS DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER MAZDA OWNERS if you want to come to the meet. We are all family and this is what i want to establish.

One board that i have not posted on was the miata forums. If you guys know ANY miataspeeders that might be interested then please invite them here.

SPONCORS :

Is there any sponcors that want to get involved in this event? We will need your help getting this off the ground as well. Big dogs like CPE, COBB, ATP, EXDE etc..... lend us a helping hand getting this together. IF you are interested then PM me and we can get the ball rolling!!

MODS:

i want to appologize for the mulitple threads on the forum. I just didn't know where everyone looked the most and since this is supposed to be a national meet then posting this is a specific regional place would not get the info out. This disscusion will stay in this forum only. Also i ask you if we can make this a sticky if possible?

Updates: PLEASE CHECK HERE FOR MY UPDATE AND REPLIES so that everyone one doesn't have to read thru so many replies to see what direction the meet is going.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I am looking to get the interest up to have an ALL MAZDASPEED MEET somewhere. What i want to start off with is finding out if all you other speed owners are interested in doing something like this? Next will be what would you like to do the most at the meet?

DRAG?
autoX?
CARSHOW?
MOD MEET?
DYNO?

ON the light side

Just have a BAR BQ/Carshow?
Cruise?

If we go this route i am thinking if we can get a good enough turn out that we might car get some sponcers to come out and have some of their product there for sale as well as demostrations of new product. I think it will be an awsome sight to see so many SPEEDs in one place.

Now for all you NON speed owners that have their eyebrow curled up at me right now. You are also invited as this might be the platform that pushes you over to the DARK SIDE to the SPEEDSIDE!!! we are all family so i am no way counting you guys out as think it would be a sight to behold to see that many speeds in one place since most of us try to see how many speeds that they can spot while driving on the road. I think most have seen maybe 2-3 at the most. SO please don't get mad at me for the title of this post.
So what do you guys think? Can we get this done? As for the date i think it should be sometime in the summer as it might take that long to get this rolling as set up. PLEASE NO NEGETIVE COMMENTS!!!!! Constructive but not negative are welcome.
[/b]

What region are you looking at???

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you need to open 5 threads just to tell people you want to have a meet?
[/b]
well i am not sure how many speeders' read what thread. I hope the MODS do get too made at me for that. When i was on probetalk.com we had a section for meets specific!!!! I just want to muster up as much interest as i can. But what i will say is if this gets big enough then i will ask to direct it to one threaded location. that will also help other people that are interested in the meet keep up with what it going on with the meet and not get lost. Hope this is ok............

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What region are you looking at???
[/b]

the entire east coast!!! I look at it like this. Someone is going to have to drive a good distance no matter where the meet is held. You know what, when i had my probe we have a meet set up by a member that lives in PA but he meet is in myrtle beach!!! It has been going on for about 10 years now and every year we have about 100 probe/mx6/626's there!! So i think as long as everyone keeps the intrest in the meet when it is up and running the it i will be a big success!!!! It is all on you guys though..

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
+3, I could do Chicago for a weekend.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok lets do this so that we can get this organized. Where is there a good place to meet and why there? Please don't be bias to your home town because it is close to you ONLY. I could be a place that you wanted to go for like AutoXing or specific track that you wanted to go to etc... Or you like the scenic views what ever.

Where ever this meet is going to be it has to be BIG and not confusing to get to. If we ever grow to 100 cars i dont want to have to move because it was too small in the first place.

NEXT: if there is sponcor that you would like to get involved or you are a sponcor and you want to get involved post here and for details during the stag of setting this up contact me so that we can get our heads together.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I say we rent MIR in the spring!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Ok lets do this so that we can get this organized. Where is there a good place to meet and why there? Please don't be bias to your home town because it is close to you ONLY. I could be a place that you wanted to go for like AutoXing or specific track that you wanted to go to etc... Or you like the scenic views what ever.

Where ever this meet is going to be it has to be BIG and not confusing to get to. If we ever grow to 100 cars i dont want to have to move because it was too small in the first place.
NEXT: if there is sponcor that you would like to get involved or you are a sponcor and you want to get involved post here and for details during the stag of setting this up contact me so that we can get our heads together.
[/b]
If Chicago is good enough for Mazda to do a track day, it's good enough for a meet. Also, a lot of Great Lakes/Midwest owners. A lot of stuff to do other than look at all the cars.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok lets do it like this and see if this works. Why not do it centrally in the east coast. There reason why is because of the drive that southeasteners will have to do versus the northeasterners!! what do you guys this about that?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Myrtle Beach for you Golfers... Somethign of interest, maybe Atlantic City for some golf and booze... Outside of a meet we can all make a vacation out of this.. send the wife and kids out while we discuss HP and TQ conversion, upgrades, etc.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
ok lets do it like this and see if this works. Why not do it centrally in the east coast. There reason why is because of the drive that southeasteners will have to do versus the northeasterners!! what do you guys this about that?
[/b]
What about westcoast people? It would be like driving cross country.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I suggest meeing at one of the NJ tracks like Englishtown or Atco.
How about Maple Grove in PA?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I suggest meeing at one of the NJ tracks like Englishtown or Atco.
How about Maple Grove in PA?
[/b]

Englishtown would be A GREAT place to meet, It's huge and they have drag racing :) Theres plenty of places to lodge and you can also RV there.

+5000

1 - 20 of 73 Posts