Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after thinking about it i think im going to go with the mazdaspeed intake for my 6s. I have a few questions first. i noticed that the maf is in the wheel well with the filter. Do you have extend the wires or does it reach? Also is the speed intake prone to throwing a cel just like the others? Also i noticed that the speed intake utilizes the stock intake accordion. mine has a tear in it but i can jb weld it or what else do you think i could use like a coupling or something or my own tubing

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
For the price of the speed intake, you could get 2 injens.... I have a Fujita and it's an awesome intake. CP-E is the best, however.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have the mazdaspeed CAI and like it a lot, I know its no CPE for power gains but I can live with that at roughly half the cost(new). As far as the Maf goes, there is plenty of wire to reach its new location. All aftermarket CAI have the possibility to throw a CEL minus the CPE or injen w/ cpe fix. That being said Ive had my intake on since august and have yet to see a CEL for it, YMMV.

For the intake accordion Id consider even using electrical tape wrapping around where the tear is depending how bad it is. The other option is to post in the WTB section as Im sure there are plenty of members that have theirs laying around unused, perhaps you could work out something with one of them for theirs. I remember seeing somewhere the cost of a new accordion is something ridiculous for the size of the part.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i can get the mazdaspeed intake for 264 from mazdastuff.com and i know cpe is the best but i dont have 550 bucks lol. Id rather not have a cell which makes just fixing my torn stock take and leaving it with the air box mod but i want an intake

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I really like my Mazdaspeed intake as well. But the AEM intake is the same and is normally cheaper. If the brand doesn't matter then get an AEM CAI since they are the same.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the mazdaspeed CAI and like it a lot, I know its no CPE for power gains but I can live with that at roughly half the cost(new). As far as the Maf goes, there is plenty of wire to reach its new location. All aftermarket CAI have the possibility to throw a CEL minus the CPE or injen w/ cpe fix. That being said Ive had my intake on since august and have yet to see a CEL for it, YMMV.

For the intake accordion Id consider even using electrical tape wrapping around where the tear is depending how bad it is. The other option is to post in the WTB section as Im sure there are plenty of members that have theirs laying around unused, perhaps you could work out something with one of them for theirs. I remember seeing somewhere the cost of a new accordion is something ridiculous for the size of the part.[/b]
iv had a wtb for the accordion in the by/cel section for a few days now no response. i have duct tape on it now and it is holding fine but it looks like shit. i also have a 2 years warranty on my car and i know the speed intake is a go for warranty's

·
Registered
316 Posts
get the fujita for that price, dont have to worry about the accordian tube and it wont throw a cel.

·
Registered
316 Posts
also if you are concerned about the warrenty. you have to get the mazdaspeed intake installed at the dealer for that "green" warrenty thing to be in place. intake wont void your warrenty unless they can prove that it was the cause of a problem, like hydrolocking. but that is unlikely in our cars set up.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
well i can get the mazdaspeed intake for 264 from mazdastuff.com and i know cpe is the best but i dont have 550 bucks lol. Id rather not have a cell which makes just fixing my torn stock take and leaving it with the air box mod but i want an intake[/b]

If you are serious about the Mazdaspeed intake Id shoot Tiffany(site sponsor) a PM to see when she will run another group buy for it and you could pick the intake up for $255 shipped.

·
Registered
982 Posts
well got it installed today. no cel and i can tell a difference while driving but it seems a lot quieter then the airbox mod i was a bit disappointed in that[/b]
Do you have the steeda Thottle body spacer yet? Or the TW optimized TB? I recommend those down the road. Have fun modding!

·
Registered
111 Posts
well got it installed today. no cel and i can tell a difference while driving but it seems a lot quieter then the airbox mod i was a bit disappointed in that[/b]
Really, that's odd, usually the CAI would make the "hum" a little bit more.

Or am I wrong??

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I've never done the airbox mod, but I've heard its louder than CAI.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts