Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was puttering around on ebay today at work and noticed that there is what claims to be a Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake for sale that is made specifically for the V6. This is the first I heard of this and it claims it comes with a 12K mile warranty from Mazda. I didn't think it was real since I have never heard of this before but here is the mazda oem part number for it GRMS-8M-H31. If you wanna look up the ebay item it is 280019562096. I really want a cold air intake, just havent' had the balls to put one on after hearing the horror stories. So, has anyone heard of this? Does anyone have any comments? Has anyone installed it before and if so, do you have picks?

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yep what he said. Revenant is doing a group buy. Revenant/Jimclickmazdaparts.com is a sponsor who is a Mazda Dealer, so I'd rather deal with them than ebay.
[/b]

Revenant and JimClick are awesome to work with...I'd vouch for them any day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good looking out. I always ignore the gb's cause I got a kid on the way and know I will drop money like usually every time a good deal comes up. I think I will wait and see how this round goes. If everyone likes it I will try to score a deal later. Thanks guys

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yes I've heard of it. It's just a rebranded AEM intake, so it's not anything new.
[/b]
yup...but just remember...as has been said two gazzillion times before...the mazdaspeed one is CARB approved :yesnod: ...AEMs is still pending. Plus...the mazda one has a mazdaspeed sticker, which is good for another 7 hp :laugh:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I was told by one of our sponsors that the Mazdaspeed was similiar to the Aem but not identical. Can anyone comfirm this? I have the Mazdaspeed intake and from looking at it and the pics of the AEM they look the same. Is the size of the pipe between the two different?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I was told by one of our sponsors that the Mazdaspeed was similiar to the Aem but not identical. Can anyone comfirm this? I have the Mazdaspeed intake and from looking at it and the pics of the AEM they look the same. Is the size of the pipe between the two different?
[/b]
Again, for about the 200th time, they are IDENTICAL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was puttering around on ebay today at work and noticed that there is what claims to be a Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake for sale that is made specifically for the V6. This is the first I heard of this and it claims it comes with a 12K mile warranty from Mazda. I didn't think it was real since I have never heard of this before but here is the mazda oem part number for it GRMS-8M-H31. If you wanna look up the ebay item it is 280019562096. I really want a cold air intake, just havent' had the balls to put one on after hearing the horror stories. So, has anyone heard of this? Does anyone have any comments? Has anyone installed it before and if so, do you have picks?
[/b]
Since when does Mazda make a V6 speed? i always thought they made them with 4 cyclinders.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
mazda sells all kinds of performance parts for the 3, 6, 8, etc under the name Mazdapeed. they do sell a CAI for the V6; i'd be weary of a CEL though. the best CAI combo for the V6 is from CP-E, the MAFci. it costs more, about $500, but is well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Since when does Mazda make a V6 speed? i always thought they made them with 4 cyclinders.
[/b]

are you serious? have you checked out mazdausa.com lately? :sarc:

they've always made a v6 - all S models. the 4 cylinder is the I model.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
mazda sells all kinds of performance parts for the 3, 6, 8, etc under the name Mazdapeed. they do sell a CAI for the V6; i'd be weary of a CEL though. the best CAI combo for the V6 is from CP-E, the MAFci. it costs more, about $500, but is well worth the money.
[/b]
For Mazdaspeed Intake owners: Has anyone received a cel with there Mazdaspeed intake?

·
Registered
412 Posts
are you serious? have you checked out mazdausa.com lately? :sarc:

they've always made a v6 - all S models. the 4 cylinder is the I model.
[/b]
he probably thought mazdaspeed products were only for mazdaspeed labelled cars, which are all 4 cyls..

For Mazdaspeed Intake owners: Has anyone received a cel with there Mazdaspeed intake?
[/b]
as has been said, it's identical to the AEM intake, which means there is a chance for a CEL.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I'm checking with Aem to make sure they are 100% identical.
[/b]
AEM produces them for MS, so i cannot imagine they are different.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[/b]
Nope. 06 6s with 4k on it. Got the intake around 2500k. Dealer install. no probs yet and I drive it pretty hard>>4100 miles in 46 days! So far so gooood. LOVE the sound of it :love:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts