Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just browsing through the mazda accessories brochure and was looking at the mazdaspeed CAI (for the ms6).. I noticed in the canadian brochure it is listed with a warranty color of Orange (meaning mazda claims no responsibility for anything it destroys, and also claims it is only for offroad/track vehicles)... Then I went to the US site and looked through their online accessories and the same CAI is listed with a green warranty code (meaning everything is fully warranteed)..

So my question is.. has anyone brought up this discrepency with their dealer? or has anyone had a dealer give them a hard time about installing the CAI (the mazda one or any other brand)?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I was just browsing through the mazda accessories brochure and was looking at the mazdaspeed CAI (for the ms6).. I noticed in the canadian brochure it is listed with a warranty color of Orange (meaning mazda claims no responsibility for anything it destroys, and also claims it is only for offroad/track vehicles)... Then I went to the US site and looked through their online accessories and the same CAI is listed with a green warranty code (meaning everything is fully warranteed)..

So my question is.. has anyone brought up this discrepency with their dealer? or has anyone had a dealer give them a hard time about installing the CAI (the mazda one or any other brand)?
[/b]
I am in US (green for me) and the dealer installed it for me.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Mazda Canada and Mazda USA are different entities and thus will do different things. However, unless the CAI is directly linked to the cause of any issues you have, your warranty won't be void. However, the CAI itself isn't under warranty. :(

If you want to get it, I would suggest you call up Mazda Canada and bring up the discrepancy with them and ask them are they scared that our cars are inferior to the US models, even though they are the same thing...haha

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
[/b]
As I understand Mazda's warranties, the Green only covers the intake itself. The Blue warranty is the one that includes everything in the New Vehicle warranty.

I believe that if the Mazdaspeed intake was to cause an problem with the engine, then the factory warranty would not cover that problem. The Green warranty will only cover a defect with the intake itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts