Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sabrina,

Searching around I was able to find a part number GRMS8MH31 for a Mazdaspeed CAI for the 3.0l engine, but I can't find any specifications on when it may be available, or what it looks like.

Is that a valid part number for you, and do you have any info on the item?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
That is the "newest" part number, and there is no release date. It will probably be like most Mazdaspeed products...it won't come out.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
^^ DAG needs to make up their mind. I called them and all they told me was that the part number changed to the GRMS... and that they didn't have any information on it...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I'd like to hear more about the performance gains of it first. Right now, most folks on this board swears by CPE.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I honestly don't think that Mazda is going to give out specific preformance gain numbers.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IIRC, it is no longer available due to the fact that it was setting off CELs and not selling.

go with the CPE intake
[/b]
See below posts about comments on release dates. And that is what made me curious as well. If it was something along the lines of AEM or Injen, or they had something to correct the codes. That is why I was curious if they would sell something that just set off CEL's all the time.

That is the "newest" part number, and there is no release date. It will probably be like most Mazdaspeed products...it won't come out.
[/b]
Exciting! Thanks for the info provided.

the eta on mazda's site says the 23rd of this month they are really trying to stick to getting them all out this month they all passed carb/emissions and are being made as fast as they can. they have also said they only come polished and will come with 1 cleaning kit to clean the filter.
[/b]
I heard about the passing carb emissions as well, which is what made me think they were seriously thinking about this. I would be interested in seeing what it looked like, and how it was designed. If the Mazdaspeed would still cause CEL's, or if they changed something or what. That's why I think pics of this mysterious object would be helpful. Guess I'll just wait and see if it ever comes to fruition.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Appears to be the older one with the RAMS part number Sabrina mentioned. Wonder if they changed it at all when they changed the part number.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, that picture doesn't appear too different than what the Injen looks like.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Checked on this again. ETA is 6/12 it will be in the Mazda warehouses

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Following the pattern of Mazdaspeed releases...It wouldn't surprise me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
fgraziano
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing