Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on mazdausa.com that 2.3L non-turbo CAI is listed only for 2005 and 2006 models of Mazda6. Does this mean I shouldnt order it for my 2004 model?

Does anyone have Mazdaspeed CAI and 2004 2.3L Mazda6? Any problems? CELs?

Couldn't find anything useful using Search. I see people discussing MS CAI for 2.3L manual vs. automatic, but not '05-'06 vs earlier years.\

Thoughts?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will work.

The CEL will be just as likely as any other intake (other than CPE Mafci of course)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure it will work.

The CEL will be just as likely as any other intake (other than CPE Mafci of course)
[/b]
The point of getting MS CAI, for me at least, is the peace of mind that I have a Mazda part which should give me no problems, i.e. no cells. Tested and approved by Mazda. If in some rare case I do get a CEL, I can go to the dealer and bug them about it.

But if this CAI is listed only for 05-06 (where v6 version is listed for all years) that tells me that Mazda thinks it's likely to cause some issues (even if they are just CELs) on 04; possibly cause they've changed something for 05-06 engine/ECU versus 04. I can't live with that.

Then I might as well get any other CAI cause its cheaper, or go for CP-E mafci. I guess I'm saving for CP-E for now, unless someone convinces me to get MS.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The point of getting MS CAI, for me at least, is the peace of mind that I have a Mazda part which should give me no problems, i.e. no cells. Tested and approved by Mazda. If in some rare case I do get a CEL, I can go to the dealer and bug them about it.

But if this CAI is listed only for 05-06 (where v6 version is listed for all years) that tells me that Mazda thinks it's likely to cause some issues (even if they are just CELs) on 04; possibly cause they've changed something for 05-06 engine/ECU versus 04. I can't live with that.

Then I might as well get any other CAI cause its cheaper, or go for CP-E mafci. I guess I'm saving for CP-E for now, unless someone convinces me to get MS.
[/b]
Mr. Tea says that the CP-E mafci is not worth it for the four cylinder...K&N and MS should not throw cells (according to him)... I trust his info cause of how much he's done to his ride...you can get the K&N Typhoon for as low as $200...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts