Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
QUOTE (caseygt2 @ Jan 23 2010, 10:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631826
Anyone know if these are any good? I'm guessing they wont add much hp, maybe more for looks?

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/speedDispl...tModelYear=2004

Thanks![/b]
Wont add too much HP if any. I don't think our mufflers are too restrictive. Increasing your pipe size leading up to the mufflers does more. But OEM (mazda) quality is always better than 90% of the aftermarket stuff out there.

I had the mazdaspeed full exhaust system on my 6S. I absolutely loved it. It sounded great.

I'd also shop around on Mazda dealership web sites. That is pricey.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (USAF 6S @ Jan 23 2010, 09:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631830
Wont add too much HP if any. I don't think our mufflers are too restrictive. Increasing your pipe size leading up to the mufflers does more. But OEM (mazda) quality is always better than 90% of the aftermarket stuff out there.

I had the mazdaspeed full exhaust system on my 6S. I absolutely loved it. It sounded great.

I'd also shop around on Mazda dealership web sites. That is pricey.

Does mazda make a full exhaust for the speed6? I see an axle back on that link. Is that as full as it gets as far as mazdaspeed brand?[/b]

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I don't think there is a full mazdaspeed catback, and considering your car is already a mazdaspeed, technically you already have a full mazdaspeed catback.

For an axle back, that is an absolutely outrageous price, btw, but I heard the similar mufflers before on a regular 6 and they sound really really good. Definitely don't expect any power increase.

As far as catback goes, there are quite a few options for you to consider, and most of the members on here have used one system or another for quite a while. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think there is a full mazdaspeed catback, and considering your car is already a mazdaspeed, technically you already have a full mazdaspeed catback.

For an axle back, that is an absolutely outrageous price, btw, but I heard the similar mufflers before on a regular 6 and they sound really really good. Definitely don't expect any power increase.

As far as catback goes, there are quite a few options for you to consider, and most of the members on here have used one system or another for quite a while. :)

Thanks for the advice. Since I am looking for power it doesn't look like these will do the trick. I also don't want the car very loud. I see there are some quiet options out there but am a little weary of how quiet they really are.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Probably a moot point now but the Mazdaspeed axleback will not fit the MS6 platform. Different hanger config.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I am fairly certain that system will not fit on a Speed6 (despite what the site says). Mazda did not offer any Speed6 specific performance accessories beyond the CAI. As was said, if you want a nice sounding system that won't deafen you, buy the Magnaflow. I got mine new for a little over $400 shipped.

EDIT: I see Poohster beat me to it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like magnaflow will be the way to go. For all you magnaflow owners, how loud are we talking? I have looked at videos online but it's hard to tell what that would sond like in person. Thanks

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
how do you expect someone to describe a sound to you better than watching a video/sound of it? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Now, I guess someone could give you a max dB of it, but I don't know if that will be helpful to you at all...

Just stick to youtube. There are a crap ton of magnaflow/speed6 videos on there. :)

·
Banned
1,206 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QUOTE (MicaBlackMS6 @ Jan 24 2010, 12:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631881
With the second cat in place, the Magnaflows definitely add some tone to the otherwise bland stock exhaust note. With the second cat removed, you get some drone on decel. At highway cruising speeds there is barely any difference in loudness.
This is a really good review: <a href="http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=95509" target="_blank">http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=95509</a>[/b]
Very good article. I think if I do decide do get the magnaflow, I would leave the cat in place to keep it quiet. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Just remember to try to align the tips just inside the bumper so when the pipes warm up they will protrude out a little bit.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
I just finished installing my Magnaflow and I really like how it sounds. I didn't want a loud exhaust either, and this is what I chose after reading reviews on this forum and watching some videos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts