Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good place to get some 17x7 steelies and some 215/50/17 winter tires?

I think the offset I need is 48mm?

I don't think tiretrends has any steelies that size :|

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just called Tiretrends.

Yeah, there's no steelies available unless I went with the multi-fit ones and they don't really recommend them.

So it's either buy shitty 17" alloys, or slap 18" winters on the stock tires and then buy 19's next season!

·
Registered
51 Posts
most of us seem to be getting used 17's from a mazda6 for winters.

You CAN get 17" steelies. Screw Tiretrends, I've lost all patience with them over the lat year. can't get nothing from them most of the time.

There is a spot in OT that sells 17" steelies. contact Rainman, i think he has a set. I think the place is called Deals for Wheels or someting silly like that.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think I am going to slap 18" winters on the stock rims, then buy new 18's for the summer. Maybe something lighter.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think I am going to slap 18" winters on the stock rims, then buy new 18's for the summer. Maybe something lighter.
[/b]
Generally it's better to have narrower tires for the winter, as they will plow through snow and reach pavement more easily than wide tires. An instructor at the Mecaglisse rally piloting school explained to me a few years ago when I took lessons there with my previous WRX. It made sense

·
Registered
249 Posts
when i bought my speed6 the dealer said that 18" steelies would way to dang much... they said the have a deal on perelli winter tires and new ali rims for like $1200...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts