Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a MAZDASPEED 6 and was wondering if any of you have custom wheels and tires on your Speed 6. :drool:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Man, am I the *only* one who prefers the stock wheels? I hear everyone saying that they're ugly, but I'm so sick of seeing the same boring 5-6 spoke wheels (like on the second car above). They're SOOO 1998.

It's funny that even with all the Beamers, Bentleys, Jags, Mercedes (including the latest Super-Duper McClaren or whatever Benz, don't know exactly what it's called, but it's the one on the Xbox 360 Project Gotham game and I saw one yesterday), Ferrari's, Vipers, Porsches (including the $445,000 Carrera GT's), Lexus's etc driving around my neighborhood, I get people all the time that practically snap their neck trying to get a good look at my stock red Speed when I drive by. Not to mention the Junior/High School kids that are constantly screaming "nice car" "sweet car" etc when I drive by, even the dude spinning the "Arrow-ads" can't help but doing a double take. I have yet to see another MS6 out on the road (Las Vegas/Henderson). I like having a car you don't see too often, and personally I like the wheels!

FLAME AWAY, muuuu whaaa haaah haaaaah!

·
Registered
194 Posts
"5 and 6 spoke wheels fit the car perfectly."

Ugghhh. Might as well well be a Tercel or gasp, a '95 Cavalier. *Vomits a bit in his mouth*.

"and yes, you're the only one that likes the stock speed wheels."

Oh the loneliness!

;^)

·
Registered
76 Posts
LIES! he isn't the only one that likes the stock rims. I am glad i dont have the "boy racer" look of 5 and 6 spoke rims

·
Registered
403 Posts
Do a search before posting. Wiggum has new rims as does AZMS6 and a few others
[/b]
Thanks for posting the pix, but maybe you can enlighten the newbie and me as to how search for this info. My searches on "wheels", "custom wheels", and "aftermarket wheels" yielded few threads that appear to be about wheels.

Also, did TitaniumMS6 post pix of his 10-spokers yet? If not, could a kind photoshop wizard put them on a titanium grey MS6 for us all to see? They are Kyowa Racing KR206s in Hyper Black.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Volk Racing LE28Ns w/ Toyo T1Rs. Wheels are 18X7.5 offset 50 and the tires are 225/45/18. Mazdaspeed center caps and black calipers/decals....

set-up weighs in at 39 pounds..stock wheels w/ blizzack snows were 48.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I like the stock wheels too. I dident at first, but now I do.
[/b]

I also love the look of the stock wheels, especially on the velocity red with tinted windows. :drool: :love:

·
Registered
76 Posts
i also agree, my opinion on it is as follows: when the dealer drove the black cherry up, i hated the rims. On the velocity red, i think the color of the rims make the red mica pop that much more. I think the colors of the car determines peeps feelings on whether they like/dislike the rims

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Never had my car on stock wheels....

Only pics I have, taken by member Business at the last AutoX.... I will get some more later...

18x8 Polished RX8 wheels - 235/40/18 Falken Azenis ST115's....

·
Registered
13 Posts
LIES! he isn't the only one that likes the stock rims. I am glad i dont have the "boy racer" look of 5 and 6 spoke rims
[/b]
Well, obviously people disagree on what makes a car look "boy racer". Personally, I'd rather have my stock, "boring" rims than any of the 'big pimpin' types, but that's just me. The MS6 rims are a bit much for me, but they're not obnoxious.
Comparing the stock rims to a Tercel or Cavalier ?? Please!! :nono:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Actually, I have now turned the corner and like the stockers but I would have painted them to match the car. The only thing I have against them is that they are a MAJOR PIA to keep clean with all the spokes compared to most other wheels.

Ive sold mine now so they are gone but plan to paint the new wheels the same black cherry as the car eventually.

The guy who bought mine mounted them on a Mazda 3 hatch and they look pretty snappy.

If Mazdaspeed would have made a larger version of the 17 inch twisted five spoke off the sport 6, and machined the face or lip for contrast, I would sell one of my kidneys for it.

The color really plays a huge role in the choice though as stated earlier.

[attachmentid=11637]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I like the stock wheels too. I dident at first, but now I do.
[/b]
Me too. I despised the stock wheels when I saw the first pics of this car. But now they have grown on me and I actually like them. The Speed6 is rare enought that I won't bother changing them. In fact, changing them to a 5 or 6 spoke actually makes it look more like a regular 6.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
going with new rims will most likely drop a ton of weight off the corners. kazeras are almost 6 pounds lighter. the rims i have are 4 pounds lighter. the benefits of lightening unsprung weight can do wonders for handling and ride quality. not to mention a slight increase in performance and mileage. and u get much better looking rollers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
in the picture above of the blue speed, was the rear window wiper a prototype option? i didnt see that as an option any where. i would love to have one of those

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
41 Participants
Tire Guy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing