Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I am seriously considering purchasing a 06’ Mazdaspeed 6 very soon. The only thing holding me back is that I cannot stand the looks of the OEM body kit. As well, I do not care for the rear taillights, lip spoiler or rims. I do however really like the OEM kit on the 03’-05’ 6s, as well as the tails and spoiler. Any chance these could be swapped easily? I could live with the front bumper and maybe the side skirts, but then a swap of the rear bumper may not match up well. Rims are an easy fix.

Fyi... I currently drive a 05’ Type-S and absolutely love it but it is time for it to go as my daughter will be stepping up to a bigger car seat soon and 4-doors will make our lives so much easier. We drove a TSX, EVO, and LGT first. The wife hated the EVO. The TSX was my choice for awhile since I am partial to Honda’s, then it was the LGT when I found out what torque was… and now I drove a Speed 6 yesterday and was very impressed. It was the cheapest car too. My wife will be so proud! Though, I refuse to drive it with the full body kit it has. I’m sure some of you like the way the Speed 6 looks as is… and I’m sure others will agree with me. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any update guys? I found the car I want but really need to know if a sport bumper will fit on the rear. That is my biggest concern. Exhaust is an easy fix for me; I just need to know if it will bolt up and match the rear fenders. I read on another forum that it may actually fit. Let me know guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Any update guys? I found the car I want but really need to know if a sport bumper will fit on the rear. That is my biggest concern. Exhaust is an easy fix for me; I just need to know if it will bolt up and match the rear fenders. I read on another forum that it may actually fit. Let me know guys. Thanks.
[/b]
My buddy has a 2005 6s with a SPEED6 rear bumper so I'm sure they are interchangeable.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
nice... good to know. Now where is a good place to find a 6s bumper?
[/b]
a couple options here:

check out the buy/sell section, if none listed then start a thread showing interest

hit up the site sponsors for prices

just my .02

good luck and be sure to post up some pics when done

:drive:

·
Registered
820 Posts
i'm pretty sure the rear bumper, tails and rims are all interchangeable. You should easily be able to find someone to trade with you. I'm pretty sure the frontend isn't swappable because our front fenders are wider and the hood is different then on the regular 6's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the update guys! The rear is my only major concern now so this is good news. What choices do I have for an OEM rear sport bumper? Where all 03-06 sport rear bumpers the same?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I agree; I hate the rear bumper and I will jump on a chance to buy one with a single exhaust outlet.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
All,

I am seriously considering purchasing a 06' Mazdaspeed 6 very soon. The only thing holding me back is that I cannot stand the looks of the OEM body kit. As well, I do not care for the rear taillights, lip spoiler or rims. I do however really like the OEM kit on the 03'-05' 6s, as well as the tails and spoiler. Any chance these could be swapped easily? I could live with the front bumper and maybe the side skirts, but then a swap of the rear bumper may not match up well. Rims are an easy fix.

Fyi... I currently drive a 05' Type-S and absolutely love it but it is time for it to go as my daughter will be stepping up to a bigger car seat soon and 4-doors will make our lives so much easier. We drove a TSX, EVO, and LGT first. The wife hated the EVO. The TSX was my choice for awhile since I am partial to Honda's, then it was the LGT when I found out what torque was… and now I drove a Speed 6 yesterday and was very impressed. It was the cheapest car too. My wife will be so proud! Though, I refuse to drive it with the full body kit it has. I'm sure some of you like the way the Speed 6 looks as is… and I'm sure others will agree with me. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike
[/b]
you're going to spend $20k++ on a new car that you hate half of the looks of..? I guess the logic of that decision escapes me just a bit.....
I think it would be cheaper to buy a 6s Sport and put the Mazdaspeed suspension bits on it. Ok, it wouldn't be quite as quick as a Speed6 but the whole project would probably be a lot more resonable in price.
Personally except for the back bumper I like the Speed6's bodywork a lot, but to each their own.........

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Why would you put the 03 - 06 rear bumper only!!! on the car..What's the point?

Like Dennis the menace said it's pointless...There is no logic in spending $20k+ on a car that half appeals to you.

Go buy a Civic if you want a ricer look you shame Mazda!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow... never thought this post would turn around so quick. The more I have been around the speed 6 the more the looks have grown on me. Right now all I would want to swap is the rear bumper.

DennisW,
To respond to your post. There is a big difference between a 6s and a Speed 6. I personally do not care for FWD V6 vehicles. Thanks for the insight though.

J Dragon,
The rear bumper on the Speed 6 is crap; it does not flow with the rest of the car and has FAKE exhaust! I really think the 6s bumper is going to look much better with the rest of the car. O, and I do own a civic. RSX actually but close. Nice one ;)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
to be honest the rear made it iffy for me too, but honestly after a day, I fell in love with it =)

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Wow... never thought this post would turn around so quick. The more I have been around the speed 6 the more the looks have grown on me. Right now all I would want to swap is the rear bumper.

DennisW,
To respond to your post. There is a big difference between a 6s and a Speed 6. I personally do not care for FWD V6 vehicles. Thanks for the insight though.

J Dragon,
The rear bumper on the Speed 6 is crap; it does not flow with the rest of the car and has FAKE exhaust! I really think the 6s bumper is going to look much better with the rest of the car. O, and I do own a civic. RSX actually but close. Nice one ;)
[/b]
MSschmidt Since when has V6 fwd vehicles been too good for you? If you didn't know The Mazda6s is not too much slower than a Speed6 especially if you put a CP-E Mafci kit on it.

So you own a RSX and?...I said if you wanna Rice it up, buy a civic...don't Rice up the speed6 like you plan on doing by putting a bumper that doesn't belong on it...The Fake exhaust tips are on the speed6 for a reason. If you search melted or burnt bumper you'll see why.....but hey go on and do it, take pics while you are at it too..I am actually curious to see someone put a regular 6 bumper on a speed6. Way to be different buddy

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If you didn't know The Mazda6s is not too much slower than a Speed6 especially if you put a CP-E Mafci kit on it.
[/b]
I know that i am biased...but the 6s with a mafci is still at least a full second slower, probably 1.5, than the speed6 0-60 with an ideal fwd launch. the 6s is down almost 100 ft lbs of torque...that is a serious amount.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Way to be different buddy
[/b]
I dont think hes the only one that feels this way, im gonna change out my bumper as well, the rear bumper is really ugly, I have gotten used to it, but my friends who are into cars keep "reminding" me to change it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
J Dragon,

:nana:

More cowbell,

Yes it matters... fake exhaust tips are pointless and do not belong on any car.

JimboSan,

At least someone agrees.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts