Mazda 6 Forums banner

Total Unscheduled Time at the Service Department

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of my recent troubles and the many complaints of broken differentials, clutches, oil leaking, and rough running, I just need to know that there ARE people that are having trouble free experiences with their Mazdaspeed 6. I want to know how many unscheduled days (non-regular maintenance) these cars are spending at the service department. My confidence in this car is REALLY shaken. If/when I get my car back from all of my problems, it may get immediately traded. Sad because it is such a wonderful machine when it isn't having problems.

I realize that many people only come to forums like this when they have problems or when they want to complain, so the data may be a bit slanted. I'd just like to see some data anyway.

It will help to put the data in perspective if you also provide how many months you've owned your car.

Thanks and happy motoring!

·
Registered
672 Posts
In shop twice, once time was for recall (4106E) and second time was for TSB related reflash. It's been running like a champ every since. Even better since I installed my CAI.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
In the shop over 10 times, various types of issues
-broken axleSSSSSSSSSSSS
-lighter went bad
-List goes on....

but i love this thign when it does work thO! lol

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
THIS POLL DATA IS SKEWED.

It does not in any way connect the ownership time with the service time.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It is also on a message board and will likely be skewed towards folks that have complaints on the vehicle. All it proves is the overall reliability of the limited population of MS6 cars represented on this website. If it makes you feel better to know that, then go for it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THIS POLL DATA IS SKEWED.

It does not in any way connect the ownership time with the service time.
[/b]
Just looking to compare average ownership time with average reliability. If you want to come up with a more elaborate poll, then by all means.....

·
Registered
238 Posts
I realize that many people only come to forums like this when they have problems or when they want to complain, so the data may be a bit slanted. I'd just like to see some data anyways.
[/b]
NOT ME. I came to the forum to gian experience on what are the best mods and how to perform/install them along with chatting. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is also on a message board and will likely be skewed towards folks that have complaints on the vehicle. All it proves is the overall reliability of the limited population of MS6 cars represented on this website. If it makes you feel better to know that, then go for it.
[/b]
Every time an MS6 owner answers "0 days" I feel a little better.... :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far this is looking like a pretty reliable vehicle. 22 out of 26 people with 1 day or less out of service. Making me feel much better about the car but much worse about my rotten luck. That's what I get for taking the finest care of my baby. Maybe it's just mad it me because it wants to live at the track? :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
mine's been in for quite a few ankle bitters:
powerloss 5 times, reflashed four. the first time was before the new calibration was available. the next couple of times the dealer couldn't get it to take, pc problems or some shit. time number four the car ran like shit and check engine light came on (see next bullet), it was reflashed and no powerloss/engine problems since.

i also had a check engine light that was written off for loose gas cap.

right now, i've got a back seat bottom cover on order, mine has started to split at a seam. when it's in for the seat bottom i'm also going to have them look at the brakes- they've been squeaking a lot the past two weeks or so.

all in all i'm still in love with the speed6.

mazda packed a lot of technology into this car; i accept that there will be problems. that's why it has a warranty.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
No problems at all. No time spent in dealership (changed oil myself first time) but will get dealer to do next change, probably Monday, as they owe me a free one (threw it in as part of the sale).

Plus I've been "tampering" with the car. Installed CAI, catback exhaust, took off IC and BOV to see how they mounted, took off all 4 door panels and inner skins (unmounted all 4 pwr window motors) to install sound deadener and replacement speakers, took off rear trunk cover to allow rear seats to fold, pulled out seats and trim to get at rear deck to examine Bose sub, installed ScanGaugeII, adjusted clutch pedal, etc. Any of these things could have resulted in problems due to my tinkering, but none did.

I'm extremely satisfied with the car. Now for the TMIC and "instant" throttle response!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Car is fairly reliable. They had it as a test drive car but it had less than 100 miles on it when I got in and then I got it the next week. So theres no damage done there from test-drives. Just waiting for all the slush and wetness here to clear up before I put my CAI in, it probably won't matter, but I just don't want some paranoid tech at my dealer trying to screw me out of my warrenty because of it.

I might go with what Skoda has done and put sound deadeners in the wall panels. There's just the slightest little creak from my passenger door.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I've been really lucky with my car...no real problems to report. I did have the stutter/hesitation the first two days it was really cold here when going from highway speeds to traffic jam to highway speeds again, but it hasn't happened in a month.

When I had my first oil change the dealer said they would flash the car with the recall or I could choose to not have it until some other members reported liking it or not...pretty cool dealership in my book.

My only other first model year car was a Mazda3 hatch and I had many more niggling issues with that, but I still loved the car and it was never more than a squeak or a rattle that bothered me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I did the poll there were, coincidentally, 7.41% that had the car for more than one year and 7.41% that had the car in the shop for more than 10 days. I found myself starting too think that this means that there will be more problems (which is an easy assumption as cars go) but there is no way to compare time of ownership and time in service. Theoretically, I could have owned my car for 11 days and had it in the shop for 10 and vice versa. So I wll add that I've had my car for almost 10 months and had it in for 1 day (cel) and that was in the first couple weeks of ownership.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I've had my car for 11 mo. and only had to take it in for a purge valve(1 day to fix after they order the part). No reflash, no hesitation, no clutch problems, nothing. I'm afraid to take it to the dealership seeing that they might even do a reflash without my consent.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
i've only brought it in once to repaint some rotors. i don't count that as service. NO problems. i think its isolated issues and i'm so happy i have a reliable car for once

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wouldn't care about the 40+ (combined) days I've been without my car if they would actually find a solution to my problem.

I could add about a page to this thread if I wanted to, but I'll hold out for another month incase they actually decide to do something about it. I'll say this much...it's not a dealership issue at this point.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wouldn't care about the 40+ (combined) days I've been without my car if they would actually find a solution to my problem.

I could add about a page to this thread if I wanted to, but I'll hold out for another month incase they actually decide to do something about it. I'll say this much...it's not a dealership issue at this point.
[/b]
Wow. I thought I had problems. Sorry to hear that someone is in worse shape!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts