Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am guessing that it would fit but wondering if it have been done yet. Also the front bumper, has anyone done either of these yet? I really like the rear bumper and would do it if it is a direct fit and if I knew where to get one. And if someone sells the exhaust tips, I am sure a exhaust shop could make it work.

I am suprise I could not find any info on it being done. It would be a nice up grade IMO.

So, anyone do this yet or any input?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Theres a guy on the Florida Mazda Club boards that did it. I'll try and get you some pictures. His car is Blazing Copper, but I believe everything cost him about $1000.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
boy, just doesn't seem worth it

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Looks nice, but for 2k there are a lot of other things I would rather do...

Im guessing $600-$700 for the paint job and about $700-$1000 for the rear bumper given its rarity.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
lol making a car look like a car that is faster then what your car is...

sounds like a bad idea to me...

going backwards on the other hand... putting 03 front and rear bumper on a speed6 and taking off the side skirts (if any) would be sweet! sleeper!

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Yes.... see and everyone says the front won't fit.... but if you look at this picture, this is the second car i have seen with the Speed6 bumper on a NA 6...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

going backwards on the other hand... putting 03 front and rear bumper on a speed6 and taking off the side skirts (if any) would be sweet! sleeper!
[/b]

I disagree. Or at least I have never randomly raced my 6s and don't really care about making it look faster than it is. I have other cars for that use. I simply want my 6 that I use as my family car to look as good as I can make it.

$2k is a little expencive. I wonder how much it is and where to get it? I had my front bumper, grill and eye-lids painted for $300 and it turned out very nice. So I am think the same guy would paint the rear bumper for abut the same, he has painted alot of my cars in the past so he gives me better deals since I keep coming back.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
holy shit! $2k?!? looks good but good god man, use that 2k to put down on a REAL speed!

btw, i like ho whe even has a mazdaspeed badge. should have a "25%" in front of it :laugh:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes.... see and everyone says the front won't fit.... but if you look at this picture, this is the second car i have seen with the Speed6 bumper on a NA 6...

[/b]
Sorry, This picture came from the China Mazda club, I posted it not long ago, and obviously that is not a NA 6;
also that is not the authentic speed6 bumper, just a replica kit for the normal 6 .....

·
Registered
5,217 Posts

[/b]
The MS6 front will not fit on the NA Mazda6. It's been tried. A variety of front-end parts, the least of which being new front quarter panels, is required to do the front install.

The rear will go right on, but is quite pricey. The bumper alone is $1507.15.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Probably better off looking for wrecked MS6 where the damage is all to the front of the car, if you want to find the rear bumper for cheap.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The MS6 front will not fit on the NA Mazda6. It's been tried. A variety of front-end parts, the least of which being new front quarter panels, is required to do the front install.

The rear will go right on, but is quite pricey. The bumper alone is $1507.15.
[/b]
I see that now that it has been posted that in China you can get a replica kit...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
wow that is effing rice...

thats just about the same thing as adding the STI hood and trunk to an Impreza....POSER!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I see that now that it has been posted that in China you can get a replica kit...
[/b]
I think the rear bumber thing is cool as long as you don't slap a mazdaspeed badge on there. Thats like slapping the gt badges on a six cylinder mustang lol.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
bumBer = bumPer

its amazing how many people spell that wrong!!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

[/b]
I have actually considered that. Mainly because I love how my 6 looks. so I have been wondering if I traded to the Mazdaspeed. If I could then turn and put on the sport kit or factory kit with Appearance lip kit on it so that it looks like an 05 6 instead of a speed6.

Then price wise I realized it's be about the same to just turbo my 6 and keep the way it looks. Jus twont' get the AWD

I really think that the 06's and Speed6's kits look hideous. thats just me though. the first gens look so much sportier and better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts