Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
GTO's need a re-tune after you get em' and it drops the 1/4 mile times by about .2-.3 of a second. at least it did in my bud's 06' he got 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My best friend's friend has a video of me racing a stock 06 GTO (on a closed road of course), I beat him pretty bad from a stop, but then again I think the kid was a terrible driver. Ill try to get it up for you guys. We then went from a roll and I still beat him by a car or so.

·
Registered
595 Posts
that gto doesnt even have an exhaust on it, so it probably has a Predator tune or other handheld tune. Stock, the 6.0L dynos around 320-330 at the wheels for hp. Most run low-mid 13's stock. A few on good conditions have run high 12's bone stock. With only drag radials, high 12's are not too hard to reach consistantly. You can see what my GTO runs, but mine is an 04, with the LS1 rated at 350 stock hp. I dynoed around 300whp stock.

·
Registered
635 Posts
can you even compare these cars ?? they are not even in the same class ..

P.S. now isnt this a racing video and therefore should be locked ?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I agree, these are 2 totally different cars. The GTO has a 6 f*ck*n liter engine easily putting out more than 300whp so what do you expect? Something like a vette is a better match up.

G

·
I agree, these are 2 totally different cars. The GTO has a 6 f*ck*n liter engine easily putting out more than 300whp so what do you expect? Something like a vette is a better match up.
[/b]

yes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree... 400 HP vs. 275 HP and equal weight is fair how? Even an AWD launch can't help you there (I know from experience with my C6 against bolt-on STi's ;))

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm sure there is a vid with a Yugo getting PWN'D by a GTO! So what! You need to compare apples to apples , not apples to watermelons.

·
Registered
375 Posts
well in todays world were everyone is racing everything doesnt matter what class you are in...

·
Registered
683 Posts
how can you say it was "pwn'd" or call it a burn? That video was stupid, that's like racing a 3 yr old on a big wheel and you have a go kart plz go trade your mazda for a honda.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
So will a MBC.... I know of an owner on here who has held a lead on one into the triple digits with some decent PSI in the upper rpms....

·
Registered
744 Posts
not that it matters much cause the gto will win anyways, but the mazda speed bogged of the start, you can hear it rev up, then rpms drop low then it picks up again. Just the way it sounds to me.

·
Registered
803 Posts
ok, it was me in the video.

i dont know why ur making multiple posts about me getting my ass handed to me by a gto... are you so much quicker??

the guy is ranked no.9 for fastest stock gto on record. he ran a 12.9xx stock. during that race he had a tune (timing, a/f) and a short shifter on better tires. i was stock. we hung together until he hit 3rd, which was better than i thought it would be. even he was impressed.

dont know why youre making these call outs...??

how can you say it was "pwn'd" or call it a burn? That video was stupid, that's like racing a 3 yr old on a big wheel and you have a go kart plz go trade your mazda for a honda.
[/b]

heres the deal.

he called me out. he wanted to see how i ran. we're good friends. a good time was had by all.

if its me you are telling to trade in my mazda for a honda...well...speaking of 3 year olds...

not that it matters much cause the gto will win anyways, but the mazda speed bogged of the start, you can hear it rev up, then rpms drop low then it picks up again. Just the way it sounds to me.
[/b]

wrong, nailed the launch. dunno why it sounds that way to you, the launch was the only thing that had me keeping up through 2nd gear

do a search under user smm05g on youtube.

3 vids other than the gto run will pop up.

1 against a b20 swapped crx. the video doesnt get my launch, and picks up right as im missing 2nd gear. i still pull after catching the gear again.

another against a ls-vtec crx from a roll from 20 to over 100. nothing really exciting there, but i still win.

the final one will be of me hitting a launch against the same ls-vtec. tel me whether i bog that one ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Awesome video of BLACK
[/b]
My thoughts exactly, with that crappy of a video you never know. I thought I saw 30 to 40 midgets on the hood of the MS6!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts