Mazda 6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
That pipe has been asked about all the way back to 2006. It was declared to be an inspection port, or at least a guide for a camera used in the factory for inspecting some of the lines that run behind that panel.

·
Registered
819 Posts
And here I thought it was a straw.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im looking at buying an 07 MPS..
Planning on just doing simple bolts on like hi-flow cat, exhaust (probly leave dump), intake bolt on's like intake, cold side, hot side & fmi, fuel pump and of course a custom tune.

With these mods and abit of a tickle what sort of power would I be looking at and will I be ultimately creating a pita of a car that im constantly throwing money at??
I'm more of the squirt here and there kinda guy not a constant thrasher..LOL
Lastly what times are ppl running down the quater inc. mph... 60footers any good?

Pls dont flame me for the noob questions I just havent really sussed my way around this site yet.
Thnx

·
Registered
836 Posts
Im looking at buying an 07 MPS..
Planning on just doing simple bolts on like hi-flow cat, exhaust (probly leave dump), intake bolt on's like intake, cold side, hot side & fmi, fuel pump and of course a custom tune.

With these mods and abit of a tickle what sort of power would I be looking at and will I be ultimately creating a pita of a car that im constantly throwing money at??
I'm more of the squirt here and there kinda guy not a constant thrasher..LOL
Lastly what times are ppl running down the quater inc. mph... 60footers any good?

Pls dont flame me for the noob questions I just havent really sussed my way around this site yet.
Thnx
you deserve to be flamed.

if you tune on good fuel like e85 or meth you can get to above/around 300awhp/350awtq. a bit more is possible but thats a convservative numer. without e85 it will be less... dunno where exactly but i would think 275?
of course with any modding you are stressing the motor than was intended so you can have issues. this car seems to last decently well if you take care of it. have a good tune on it from one of the many great etuners and that will help alot. read the welcome thread because it will tell you some things you should get done like rear diff mounts and rear motor mount etc.

depends on the mods and driver. with full bolt on's some can get low to mid 12s with 60fts in the 1.6-1.8 range. 1.6 or 1.7 is very good. meh drivers will prob be more in the upper 12s or low 13s. altitude makes a difference too as well as tires and such. being a good driver probably makes the best difference. weight reduction can also greatly help times if that is what you are looking for. bigger turbo and additional fueling is probably required to break 11s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thnx ffdp.

That summed it up perfectly.
The deal fell through as I stuffed around too much so I'm still fishing atm.

Are the injectors up to the task with the standard turbo maxxed on e70-85?
I know the fuel pump or bolt ons aren't..

This is my current ride

I'm running this on e70. This is the car I would be selling. I'm familiar with running ethanol fuels so that's most likely the direction I would go again.

http://youtu.be/ReUazlz02F8

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
thnx ffdp.

That summed it up perfectly.
The deal fell through as I stuffed around too much so I'm still fishing atm.

Are the injectors up to the task with the standard turbo maxxed on e70-85?
I know the fuel pump or bolt ons aren't..

This is my current ride

I'm running this on e70. This is the car I would be selling. I'm familiar with running ethanol fuels so that's most likely the direction I would go again.

Heres a 4th gear pull 4th gear - YouTube
start a new thread?

·
Registered
80 Posts
"Be sure to run 93/91 grade, whichever is available. Anything less will detune the car resulting in a huge loss of hp/tq."

This line really interested me. I just bought a MS6. Its not the first MS6 I drove, first time I tried one it was running 94 gas, and it drove amazing.

The one I bought, I could tell immediately that it was nothing like the first one I drove. Now I know for a fact that the dealership put crappy gas in it before we drove it.

So I'm wondering, this detune the car does, what is "huge loss" in hp. I am hoping that its huge enough that it was more likely the loss between the first one I drove and the one I just bought.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ALSO, When you buy a used car, don't forget that the last owner probably didn't even know there was a cabin air filter.

Make sure you change that or look to see if it was done. I pulled mine out today and it was just caked with crap.. Filter couldn't breath.

Just changing mine made a huge difference in air flow through vents.

Thats my 2 cents for new MS6 owners! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been trying to find the thread with purchase tips, but so far unsuccesfull.

What things should I be paying attention to when looking for a speed 6 ?
In another thread mentioned a compression + leak down test.
what else?

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I've been trying to find the thread with purchase tips, but so far unsuccesfull.

What things should I be paying attention to when looking for a speed 6 ?
In another thread mentioned a compression + leak down test.
what else?
Read that first post a bit more careful and start reading the links. EVERYTHING you ever need to know are in these stickys. Everything I learned about the MS6 on my 6 month journey of finding one is all right here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm in the noob forum for a reason.. I just purchased an 06 MS6 GT a little over a month ago. Mechanically, everything seems great with it! The only issue so far, is my dashboard display seems to not like cold weather. When I turn the car on, the screen is just black, and can take up to 15 minutes to turn on, then when it finally does, the clock isn't correct anymore. I know it's not a huge deal, but I'm just worried that one day it may not come on at all. Has anyone else asked the question on here? I tried doing a few searches, but couldn't find anything. Oh, and when I bought it, we had a few weeks of warm weather, and I had no problems with it. I live in Kentucky, and the weather just became frigid recently. I appreciate the help! Oh, and I absolutely love this car! Thanks for all the tips in this forum- exactly what I needed! :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I turn the car on, the screen is just black, and can take up to 15 minutes to turn on, then when it finally does, the clock isn't correct anymore.
I'd check electrical connections. I had an issue last winter where the battery posts would shrink from the cold, so the battery terminals were loose and I'd lose electronics intermittently. Fixed with battery post shims from Autozone for like a few dollars. So I'd start there then check any other relevant connections, like the wiring for the display.

If you're talking about the display above the center console with the clock and A/C stuff, it's a little bit of a PITA to remove it so you can check the wiring, but here's a good writeup: http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspeed6/225273-how-replace-hvac-light-bulbs.html Follow that up until he has the stereo out. Then you can remove the upper part (the map bin compartment and the display) with I think just 2 philips head screws. Then I guess just make sure the wiring is plugged in solidly.

If that's not the problem... alternator issues? IDK. Good luck! Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
quick question
right above the clock, on that whole light bar thing (idk what to call it) (basically the dash with the clock, temp,radio station) if you look at it in the right angle, it says info, and then it also says L/100KM so i was just wondering if there was a way to see your fuel consumption

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought my car today, so I've been reading the owners manual and made a note of that function. If you press the [INFO] button to the left of the display, you can toggle between; "CONSUM CUR" which will show your current fuel economy and will update every two seconds as long as your traveling over 5kph; "CONSUM AV" which will show your average fuel economy; "REMNG" which will show the distance you can travel with the remaining fuel in the tank; and "AV" which shows your average speed.

Pretty cool IMO

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought my car today, so I've been reading the owners manual and made a note of that function. If you press the [INFO] button to the left of the display, you can toggle between; "CONSUM CUR" which will show your current fuel economy and will update every two seconds as long as your traveling over 5kph; "CONSUM AV" which will show your average fuel economy; "REMNG" which will show the distance you can travel with the remaining fuel in the tank; and "AV" which shows your average speed.

Pretty cool IMO

hmmm, i dont see that button on my car. Does yours have the nav package by any chance?

101 - 120 of 120 Posts
About this Discussion
119 Replies
56 Participants
fujikura
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing