Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
yeah, i looked through most of the fuses and they are ok... dont know what it could be! Ill probably just have to take it to the dealership and have them take a look
There are 2 fuses box!

the main one is in the engine bay and the second one is next to the foot rest in side the car, if you did chack both of them then bring it to the dealer and have them check it out....

·
Registered
16 Posts
THere are a few MS6s available in town and the one I am looking at particularly is a 2007 MS6 (GT) with 60,000kms (~37,000miles) on it. Selling for about 22,000$Canadian (about the same in USD as they are mostly on par).
I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba and I just bought my spd 6 with 63000kms for 17000 before taxes. Its also a touring (no nav) It was listed as an 06 however it also has a build date of october 2006. It seems like your dealership is "rounding" up the date and trying to inflate the price. I feel I got an especially good deal but 22 seems kinda high. my two cents!

As for the fuel mileage, Im hoping its the winter that is keeping my numbers down:eek: Im sure there is a fuel mileage thread on here somewhere, should run a search maybe....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Regarding the original post...Should I add an aftermarket wastegate as well to the list of preventative measures I need to install? After reading in the drive train section for awhile it seems that erratic boost just never fares well with these blocks!

Read enough threads here and I'm starting to get paranoid about the "frailty" of the speed 6, shoulda bought a 04 svt cobra...:lol: jk

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Welcome & way to set a good example for a first post! Nice to see folks trying to learn rather than just asking first......

Always nice to have another Speed6 around!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
updated sum shit, and will prob. be doing more here. I was thinking about trading up for a WRX, but I decided I can't part with my baby, so I owe this to her and the community lol

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
looking at getting a MS6 2007 with 24k dealer is asking $20000
What are some things i should have looked at before I sign?
that's wayyyy to much for that car. Depending on condition that car should cost more like around 15000 or 16000 at the most. Miles ARE low, but that price makes me want to gag. Check our the pricing thread (link is in main post) go to the last pages.

·
Registered
11 Posts
that's wayyyy to much for that car. Depending on condition that car should cost more like around 15000 or 16000 at the most. Miles ARE low, but that price makes me want to gag. Check our the pricing thread (link is in main post) go to the last pages.

It's certified if that matters
It's an 07 with the 7 year warrenty

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im trading I'm my 03 mini Cooper s with 92k kbb on a trade in is about 6500 but I owe 8500 so I'm going to try and get 9 on the trade in and try not to pay over 17500

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
@b5.5mtl-
Yes, you can, and must for many upgrades.

Cobb AccessPORT - allows to flash maps to the ECU and custom tune your own maps
CPe Standback - piggyback for the ECU with wider range of some adjustments
Hypertech - flash and forget maps for set upgrades, no fine tuning by end user
VersaTune - Newest on the market as full release, allows to flash maps to the ECU

·
Registered
15 Posts
does the car need a flash if say only installing a cobb sri? i mean i just got the car in november and i wanna maybe get a little more out of it, but wanna start with only the SRI maybe later do more but if i have to flash the ecu for only the intake i may hold off on the purchase of the intake till i have more flow to do more things.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Well, you might. Maybe.

When the MAF housing is replaced, like with the install of an intake system, then:

- you NEED to monitor the results.
- you MAY or MAY NOT need to correct the readings monitored, or 'tune' for your new part.

Most other cars out there would take a new intake in stride and be happier for it. The Speed6 has shown itself to be quite the touchy beast.

Cobb SRI is likely the safest out there to just swap out, but honestly, after what I've learned about this car, my upgrade path would start with either a DashHawk or an AP for monitoring use, then change a part and quantify the results of that one change.

The DH is wonderful for Daily Driver monitoring and piece of mind, but it won't correct anything. The AP will allow you to make corrections, and is wonderful for logging a drive to review later at home, but can only "live monitor" or display for you to see while driving, one thing at a time.

Which is why folks have, and use, both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
what about ecu performance increase chip? (sorry, i come a long way from audi/vw world...) and if so how much more would it add?

·
Registered
738 Posts
what about ecu performance increase chip? (sorry, i come a long way from audi/vw world...) and if so how much more would it add?
There is not "chip". The Cobb AccessPort is the equivalent. You plug and play. You can choose maps or "tunes" to upload to your ECU as well as other things that you can do with the software like cancel any CEL's or put the car in Valet mode or add the ability of launch control. You can adjust the majority of the tables in the ECU, making your car exactly the way you want it for your driving style. They have premade maps that you can download from COBB that add considerable power for stock vehicles, and turns the car into a completely different beast with full exhaust and intake.

It seems more complicated than it really is. It's just not a "chip". You have a physical unit that you can touch and interact with. You can update your tune any and every time you upgrade the slightest modification to your air/fuel system. It is a MUST HAVE for enthusiasts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
updated sum shit, and will prob. be doing more here. I was thinking about trading up for a WRX, but I decided I can't part with my baby, so I owe this to her and the community lol
trade "up" for a WRX?

I'm buying a new car within a month (my friend at a dealership in town is searching auctions for an MS6 for me), and originally was wanting a WRX. The MS6 seemed like a failry equal car that could be had for less money with less mileage (use 07 WRX local is $21.5 with 89k km. An 06 MS6 is gonna run be between $14-17 with less mileage, and has a much nicer interior).

I'm just concerened, from reading on here, and on the subaru board I frequent, it seems the MS6 may have quite a bit more issues? Why do you see the WRX as an upgrade? (I'm looking at 02-07 wrx's btw, not a big fan of the new body style).

Thanks for your input

61 - 80 of 120 Posts