Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people.
New to mazdaspeed ownership

I've bought a mazda 6 mps it's running good doesn't miss a beat really has a little sound like tappets aren't lubed or could also be engine shake from the mounts not sure. Just a little sound that doesnt sound like it suppose to be there. Had a partial rebuild 74xxx ks ago.

Other than that the engine light is on and I took for a diagnostic scan today and got codes B1318 low voltage,

The car lights and everything work no glitches or dims or anything like that, battery terminals are clean that battery indicator is still green.

The only thing I noticed is when I rev the engine in neutral the light on the door (while open) brighten the slightest.

Any ideas on what it could be.

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
May I know how old is your battery? In the newer version, a prompt will flash telling you that the battery is about to die. It might be a similar indication.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Do you have an amp metre? if so, in the current state, get a baseline of what the alternator is putting out into the system. Record down what ampere and voltage it is outputting at various RPM. Check the output into the chassis, engine, and battery.

Then remove your alternator and have have it and the battery load tested. I think it could just be worn battery..

Do not just check/clean the battery terminals but also your grounds. Electricity works in a loop. If the grounds are all rusted and corroded you will have unstable power. If they system is outputting 14.6v, ideally you should get 14.6v back. There may be systems that are inefficient but the readings should be quite close. If a system is returning voltages that is way off then that is suspect and deserve a poking.

Some system work on the sensitive 5v and milliampere scale where stable power source is a must.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi people.
New to mazdaspeed ownership

I've bought a mazda 6 mps it's running good doesn't miss a beat really has a little sound like tappets aren't lubed or could also be engine shake from the mounts not sure. Just a little sound that doesnt sound like it suppose to be there. Had a partial rebuild 74xxx ks ago.

Other than that the engine light is on and I took for a diagnostic scan today and got codes B1318 low voltage,

The car lights and everything work no glitches or dims or anything like that, battery terminals are clean that battery indicator is still green.

The only thing I noticed is when I rev the engine in neutral the light on the door (while open) brighten the slightest.

Any ideas on what it could be.

Thanks guys
View attachment 240243
So I have a 09 Mazda 6 ..apparently the battery cables they put on these cars causes the battery to leak battery acid ..an guess where the wiring harness is .. UNDER THE BATTERY .my car says the same thing ..low vehicle voltage .. my check engine light comes on an off .. the battery acid ate thru the wiring harness .. so that is why it is saying low vehicle voltage it's not getting enough power

1 - 5 of 5 Posts