Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've owned the Mazdaspeed 6 for about 2 months already so far no problems. Whenever people ask me how come i traded in the Lexus for a Mazdaspeed 6 they just shake there head and go but its under american brand "ford". Then I tell them its AWD and TURBO'ed to add to it. Then they look at the engine and go ah no potientail. So i give up dont know what else to say. Most of the people I tell them they either have EVO or STI. shrug. Anyone else get this?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Nope.
Tell them it is a 2.3L engine with DISI/AWD/Turbo/6speed. If they don't know what direct injection is then that's there problem. Just tell them it's more advanced then the engine in an sti/evo. LOL

For potentail just tell them to look at the performance gains on www.cpe.com. A downpipe alone nets a pretty significant increase in tq.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Just take them for a ride in it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I thoroughly enjoy having a car that no one knows what the hell it is, and..... I've never seen another on the road yet. Cool IMO. :yesnod:

·
Registered
20 Posts
yeah..a ride in the car is all they need...
but enjoy the sleeper thing...it will keep you from getting pulled over.

no reason to muck that up with a big spoiler or flashy paint or wheels.
who cares if no one else ever loves the car...it's their loss

·
Registered
170 Posts
yeah..a ride in the car is all they need...
but enjoy the sleeper thing...it will keep you from getting pulled over.

no reason to muck that up with a big spoiler or flashy paint or wheels.
who cares if no one else ever loves the car...it's their loss
[/b]
I couldn't have written it better myself.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Your friends are trying to compare your family sedan with rally-ready sports cars. They're not comparing apples to oranges. That's why they show you no respect.

Tell them you bought a car that can haul a family of 4 plus it's got a little extra pep to get on the highways. Don't come off trying to act like it's a bad-ass sports car that compares to performance cars.

·
Registered
201 Posts
There wasn't a single person at ZoomZoom Live in Atlanta this weekend that didn't get out of the Speed6 challenge with a stupid big grin on their face. That speaks volumes about this car.

I agree with everyone else... I'm OK this car isn't that well known. It's fine with me if it goes down in the history books as one of those little known cars that was stupid fun.

Remember the Omni GLHS? How about the Starion and Conquest TSi? The Typhoon? Even closer to home, how about the Mazda 323 GTX? Most of these cars did not earn their reputations until years after production stopped. Now people search hundreds of miles for them. The Speed6 will be the same way. It will be under appreciated until it is gone.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Your friends are trying to compare your family sedan...
[/b]
As Stretch used to say:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would think that MS6ers would prefer their rides to be categorized as a grand touring car, not a family sedan. Though, most probably fooled the wifey by describing it as a family sedan. :) Those sly foxes... :hoho:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Your friends are trying to compare your family sedan with rally-ready sports cars. They're not comparing apples to oranges. That's why they show you no respect.

Tell them you bought a car that can haul a family of 4 plus it's got a little extra pep to get on the highways. Don't come off trying to act like it's a bad-ass sports car that compares to performance cars.
[/b]
it is a badass sports car that compares to performance cars. Just tell them that one has run a 13.7 stock. That pretty much speaks for itself. I would consider a family sedan a toyota camry. I dont know what you have against the speed6, but ive looked at alot of your post and they all have a little bit of sarcasm or negetivity towards the car. What gives?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Who cares, your friends are clearly not car enthusiasts, they're more like EVO and STi fanboys. Tell them to learn about all the cars on the market and if they're truely enthusiasts, they'll appreciate the goods of all cars. And the DISI 2.3L has no potential??? How do they know, no one in the world knows yet...

This direct injected engine is more technological advanced than the ones found under their hoods and scoops.

·
Registered
97 Posts
and yet these cars remain on dealer lots unsold, even with heavy mazda incentives.

just wait till next year, i bet youll be able to get an 06 speed6 for under 19k :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
and yet these cars remain on dealer lots unsold, even with heavy mazda incentives.

just wait till next year, i bet youll be able to get an 06 speed6 for under 19k :)
[/b]
another smartass comment from our dearest friend bani. I have a question for you bani, and im not being a smartass. Im just wondering. Why do you get on this forum, really?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
another smartass comment from our dearest friend bani. I have a question for you bani, and im not being a smartass. Im just wondering. Why do you get on this forum, really?
[/b]
Don't feed the troll.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well its not the fact that this car is a sports sedan, but its the fact that since a lot of people catagorize turbo 4 doors cars to each other. Well that and the fact that is till lost stock vs stock to a 350z... shame...

·
Registered
143 Posts
[/b]

I could't have said it better :yesnod: Why do idiots post these things? Jealous :nana:
My MS6 is everything I wanted and hoped it would be. All I know is that stock my car is faster than my friends 06 mustang GT plus I have 4 doors !

As far as this EVO/STI thing. I could have bought any of the 3,but decided on the MS6.
1. The STI and LGT spec B ( which I test drove and didn't buy ) Are butt ugly and you see 4-5 of the STI's
every day. Now they are great cars but ugly.
2. Now the EVO,, this is a beautiful car and I almost pulled the trigger until I saw and drove the MS6.

3. From my personal test driving before buying I didn't find much difference between the cars metioned above. Now I didn't take them to a track nor do I intend to race. I bought the MS6 for looks, performance,value and color :love: .

This is the most I have loved a car since my 02 S4.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I could't have said it better :yesnod: Why do idiots post these things? Jealous :nana:
My MS6 is everything I wanted and hoped it would be. All I know is that stock my car is faster than my friends 06 mustang GT plus I have 4 doors !

As far as this EVO/STI thing. I could have bought any of the 3,but decided on the MS6.
1. The STI and LGT spec B ( which I test drove and didn't buy ) Are butt ugly and you see 4-5 of the STI's
every day. Now they are great cars but ugly.
2. Now the EVO,, this is a beautiful car and I almost pulled the trigger until I saw and drove the MS6.

3. From my personal test driving before buying I didn't find much difference between the cars metioned above. Now I didn't take them to a track nor do I intend to race. I bought the MS6 for looks, performance,value and color :love: .

This is the most I have loved a car since my 02 S4.
[/b]
Says it all really!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts