Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this while on the Mazdaspeed site.

When i first picked up the car I asked my dealer if the 4cyl flywheel and clutch were the same size, spline count, fitment etc... he had no clue. I asked him how many of these Mazdaspeed upgrades for the 6 came stock on the MS6. Again he had no clue. Anyone know if these are really cross platform like the website says they are? I don't see why they wouldn't be. The MZR is still an MZR right?

If the site is telling the truth, the mazdaspeed coilover dampers should be stiffer than the MS6 stock suspension.
The flywheel should fit and the clutch should fit too, right?

The big question i have is, did mazda put any of these M6 upgrades in the MS6 and if not, are they better than the stock MS6 gear?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than the wheels, I don't think any of the other things are designed for the speed6. Check with sabrina.

Jimclickmazdaparts.com
[/b]
There's no reason why the flywheel or clutch wouldn't fit so long as it was the same size and spline count. I believe the bellhousings are the same dimensions for both M6 and MS6. Maybe the clutch might already be in there but i know we ain't rockin' a lightweight billet aluminum flywheel from the factory.

The suspension would fit for sure. The MS6 was only 25% stiffer than stock. The mazdaspeed coilover dampers are 50% stiffer than stock. Why wouldn't these work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing