Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While taking our new Mazda to the dealer to fix a paint chip that happened at delivery, my wife crashed into some items in our garage. She thought she was in reverse, but was actually in 1st. She's not the best manual transmission driver so she revved it up and quickly let out the clutch. The car surged forward and bam. We need a new bumper & grill. I'll post pictures later. :swearin:

The car had 400 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
While taking our new Mazda to the dealer to fix a paint chip that happened at delivery, my wife crashed into some items in our garage. She thought she was in reverse, but was actually in 1st. She's not the best manual transmission driver so she revved it up and quickly let out the clutch. The car surged forward and bam. We need a new bumper & grill. I'll post pictures later. :swearin:

[/b]
you should take it to the dealer and tell them that was the paint chip you were talking about.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
need a good divorce lawyer?

·
Registered
33 Posts

[/b]
Hey, could be worse.

I had the drivers side mirror get ripped off the car by flying debris literally 2km off-the-lot!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
you should take it to the dealer and tell them that was the paint chip you were talking about.
[/b]
lol classic

That sucks though man but now everyone learns a lesson, let the clutch out nice and slow when backing up and don't let your wife drive your car

·
Registered
979 Posts
hey the reverse is in a weird spot takes getting used to. the rx-8's is on the far left, MS6 on the right so I can see how it happened it sux tho

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
hey the reverse is in a weird spot takes getting used to. the rx-8's is on the far left, MS6 on the right so I can see how it happened it sux tho
[/b]
huh? i think u got it backwards. unless you have a different gearbox than me. :)

still no excuse. women are just bad drivers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hmmm. All I have to say is: WHY THE HELL WERE YOU LETTING A WOMAN DRIVE A BRAND NEW SPEED6? Did you have insurance on it already?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

[/b]
At least nobody was injured, I hope? lol

Go easy on her, I'm sure she feels terrible. You know something? I think you have a free ticket to go golfing, fishing, hell, just about anything you can imagine. For quite some time, I might add. :yesnod:

Besides the bumper and grill, what items in the garage did your wife kill? Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That sucks. I waxed my speed 6 for the first time this morning and I found a tiny paint chip on the plastic molding on the bottom of the front passenger's car. I just can't wait to get a clear bra on, my old car has hundreds of tiny rock chips from just driving.

·
Registered
979 Posts
huh? i think u got it backwards. unless you have a different gearbox than me. :)

still no excuse. women are just bad drivers.
[/b]

Ya I had it in reverse got an issue with lefts and rights sometimes when I am not lookoing right at it, abstract thinking not my thing.. I think that you are all SEXIST.. I am a woamn and I drive my own speed6, and have not been in a fender bender in 10 years no scrapes no scuffles... NADA!!! GEt over yourselves guys you are not any better! Sometimes you are worse! This is one of those times I wish I were not one of the few women on here!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Ya I had it in reverse got an issue with lefts and rights sometimes when I am not lookoing right at it, abstract thinking not my thing.. I think that you are all SEXIST.. I am a woamn and I drive my own speed6, and have not been in a fender bender in 10 years no scrapes no scuffles... NADA!!! GEt over yourselves guys you are not any better! Sometimes you are worse! This is one of those times I wish I were not one of the few women on here!
[/b]
we're just messing around. all car forums ARE sausage parties. but it is a fact that women get into more accidents than men. men get into worse accidents tho.

once i made the comment that women have no sense of direction to my mom. she replied by saying, "i have a sense of direction. theres west, north, south, and west." :hoho:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Well we may be documented more accidents but I know a lot of men who do the hit and run technique! So there is the difference.. A

I freely admit I have no sense of direction I joke if it were not for the light I could not find my way out of the closet!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
^^^^ :laugh:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Back in 94 my wife hit a car in the post office parking lot with our then-new Accord. The irony is that she was on her way to the post office to mail the FIRST payment on the Accord. 12 years later, I STILL bring it up!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now for the update on the "accident". I look at my car tonight and determine that there is no way she hit what she thought she hit. The damage was in the center of the bumper and the pole she thought she hit is not reachable. When she surged forward, she hit a work bench and drove it through the wall in the garage and through the wall in the bedroom.

The Car http://www.pbase.com/jpcullen70/image/59995543

The garage http://www.pbase.com/jpcullen70/image/59995545

The bedroom http://www.pbase.com/jpcullen70/image/59995544

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
23 Participants
PRacing
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing