Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

For those who drive a Right Hand Drive 6MPS it can now be confirmed that the AEM CAI and Mazdaspeed CAI can be installed without any modifications.

BCMPS (from Australia) installed the AEM CAI a couple of weeks back, and I successfully installed a Mazdaspeed CAI last weekend. The lower intake pipe is a tight fit between the A/C pipe and the chassis member, but some foam or rubber can be put in place to prevent any rubbing

For those who were unaware, the CP-E CAI can be installed in RHD models, but it requires re-routing of the air conditioning piping. I am not sure if the Fujita CAI will fit, but looking at pictures I'm predicting re-routing of the A/C line will be necessary.

So for those who drive RHD MPSs you can now be confident in ordering an AEM CAI or Mazdaspeed CAI without fear of it not fitting.

Nick

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Nick. I am the only unfortunate one to have the CP-E's :)

Sent you an email yesterday wonder if you recieved it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ivan - I hope what i said about the CP-E didn't come across as a criticism (ie - the CP-E and the A/C line modification that is needed), cause i didn't mean it in that way. In fact, I think we may find a few RHD MPS owners may still opt for the CP-E because of its superior build quality.

Haven't checked my email in a couple of days, so will check it now

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
NIck. Not at all. Never taken your comment offended mate. It is true the CP-E's does cause a bit of headace for us with RHD. So this warning to future buyer is indeed appropriate, so that not to run in problem like we did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts