Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dear mod, what're u doing?

At least, he wasn't racing those cars...maybe just a spottin thread. You're over reacted.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I'm not the one that locked that one, but street-racing is street-racing, period. If we allow posts about watching street races then that's what people will post. They'll just change their street-race story to one where they "watched" someone do it.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Derek this is something I take very seriously. My car is modified more than most in the club and I do take my car racing quite regularly. However I don't condone ANY TYPE of street racing, organized or otherwise. I don't see any reason why people do this other then the cheapness that they don't want to pay the entry fees. All it takes is for one person ussually not racing to be distracted for 1 second and that's it the didn't stop fast enough or didn't see the other cars coming and a bad situation is made worse. Not to mentiont the cars that those people use are not properly modifed anyway, so they are making it unsafe for themselves as well. I know someone who attends the races in woodbridge and I strongly discourage it his car has over double the power it did stock, but guess what he's running Canadian Tire Economy brakes, does this makes sense NO. All the people who participate in this are stupid and should not be driving what-so-ever.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Our dear mod, what're u doing?

At least, he wasn't racing those cars...maybe just a spottin thread. You're over reacted.
[/b]

I locked it and i didn't over react, we do not want street racing threads in this forum of any kind.

i dont care if you participated, watched or wanked off to a street race... keep it out of the Toronto forum

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Derek this is something I take very seriously. My car is modified more than most in the club and I do take my car racing quite regularly. However I don't condone ANY TYPE of street racing, organized or otherwise. I don't see any reason why people do this other then the cheapness that they don't want to pay the entry fees. All it takes is for one person ussually not racing to be distracted for 1 second and that's it the didn't stop fast enough or didn't see the other cars coming and a bad situation is made worse. Not to mentiont the cars that those people use are not properly modifed anyway, so they are making it unsafe for themselves as well. I know someone who attends the races in woodbridge and I strongly discourage it his car has over double the power it did stock, but guess what he's running Canadian Tire Economy brakes, does this makes sense NO. All the people who participate in this are stupid and should not be driving what-so-ever.
[/b]
Paul. I agree 100%. But I don't think its cuz they're being cheap. Its cuz they're usually cowards. On the street, they can flex their muscles and easily claim a kill. On the track, however, they'd actually need to have SKILLS in order to win cuz they're going up against other people who aren't just your average Joe.

I don't care if I piss off the masses by saying this, but I'll say it anyway: anyone who street races is a coward and is immature. If you're in your 20's and are street racing, that means you have a mental age of about 12. If you're as tough as you say you are, lets see your skills on the track.

I agree with the mods... any thread that even begins to talk about street racing should be closed down even if the poster wasn't street racing himself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
agreed

for example

*nice try bud*

like THIS C4 vortec vette racing a gt40 camry on hwy7/keele near latin fever definately shouldnt be permitted, for instance.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I've seen that camry and it's crazy, but yes it shouldn't be posted here. Unless you are just drooling over that camry, with no mention of racing.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yea the only legal street racing is in Tokyo Drift when you go so fast the cops don't even chase you! :laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts