Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Mazdaspeed is indeed a FORD?

Does anyone know where I can get information to confirm that it is or is not a FORD.

PS. I know the Mazda6 is a FORD and I was told the MSP6 is a japan built car, but I wanted to know.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dude, relax, Mazda (the company) is now owned by Ford. The MS6 is built 100% in Japan, so I'm assuming it has the edge on quality control. The Mazdaspeed6 is no more a Ford than any Aston Martin... (also owned by Ford). It just so happens that Ford is a company that has enough capitol to buy other companies, it doesn't mean you're driving a Taurus with different body panels. ;)

·
Registered
862 Posts
It does have a few ford parts in it and ford uses the platform for the Fusion but the MS6 it NOT a ford

·
Registered
851 Posts
although a lot of companies(ie ford) use a base model to make other models and makes of cars

hummer h2 = boxed framed tahoe
Lincoln blackwood = ford f150
hummer h3 = boxed framed colorado
dodge charger = chrysler 300c = dodge magnum
escalade = avalanche = tahoe = suburban = silverado = sierra
350z = g35
evo = lancer
sti = imprezza

ok you get the point...
but no a mazda is unique it's just based of the mazda 6 frame, just beefed up structurally

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reason i asked is because i have 1700miles on the car and my damn bck lights are already foggy. That seems like cheap shit to me and is quite upsetting.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Reason i asked is because i have 1700miles on the car and my damn bck lights are already foggy. That seems like cheap shit to me and is quite upsetting.
[/b]

That has nothing to do if its a Ford or not, EVERY car manufacture has MINOR issues like these.

There are a few parts from the FoMo bin, no worries mate.

You're going to be pissed then when I tell you the motor is from Ford. Although it is not exactly the same as it was in 2003.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Yep. I read that the 6 cyl. Mazda 6 engine is pretty much the same one they used in the Jaguar S-type.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think ford only has 33% ownership of mazda. I'm not completely sure about that but thats the last I heard.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I think ford only has 33% ownership of mazda. I'm not completely sure about that but thats the last I heard.
[/b]
Which is 'controlling interest'.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a mazdaspeed 6 not a mazda 6. The mazdaspeed 6 engine is a ford engine? If so this car is gone, no shit it has issues. This is not cool, but my fault for not researching this.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a mazdaspeed 6 not a mazda 6. The mazdaspeed 6 engine is a ford engine? If so this car is gone, no shit it has issues. This is not cool, but my fault for not researching this.
[/b]
are you just not paying attention mzr is a mazdaofjapan engine. not ford. again while there are ford parts it is not one or based off one.

this is a first year run car, just like everything else that comes out first there are going to be problems, remember the first ps2 and how many revisions they went through?

·
Registered
531 Posts
[/b]

LOL, :sarc: :sarc:

My advice? Sell your car an buy a Honda or Toyota. At least then, when you have problems, you can't blame Ford.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have had a toyota and a honda and never had problems. But anyway I was curious and needed to know. This explaines why the resell value on this thing is at 22k now when the MSRP is 28k. I screwed myself, noone to blame but my lack of research.

Thanks for the replys though

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I have had a toyota and a honda and never had problems. But anyway I was curious and needed to know. This explaines why the resell value on this thing is at 22k now when the MSRP is 28k. I screwed myself, noone to blame but my lack of research.

Thanks for the replys though
[/b]
So if I gave you a Jag, Aston Martin, GT40 you'd say it was a piece of crap? Ford is a shared owner of Mazda, they share designs and ideas, but the MS6 is far from a ford...

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have had a toyota and a honda and never had problems.
[/b]

Yeah, yeah sure, that's what they all say until you dig further. All those Honda trannies going caput, I guess that's everyone's imagination right?

Right now, I'd take a Ford over a Honda or Toyota. In fact I'd take Hyundai over a Honda or Toyota.

Anyway if you indeed own a Ms6, you probably don't deserve to. Anyone with a simplistic, dismissive attitude like yours can't really enjoy that machine for what it is.

·
Registered
851 Posts
So if I gave you a Jag, Aston Martin, GT40 you'd say it was a piece of crap? Ford is a shared owner of Mazda, they share designs and ideas, but the MS6 is far from a ford...
[/b]
also landrover volvo lincoln and mercury

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah, yeah sure, that's what they all say until you dig further. All those Honda trannies going caput, I guess that's everyone's imagination right?

Right now, I'd take a Ford over a Honda or Toyota. In fact I'd take Hyundai over a Honda or Toyota.

Anyway if you indeed own a Ms6, you probably don't deserve to. Anyone with a simplistic, dismissive attitude like yours can't really enjoy that machine for what it is.
[/b]

I second that :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
does this thread have a point?

move to the Lounge at least.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Ford owned 25% of the Mazda Motor Corp. since the 70s. 10 years ago, Ford acquired another 8.4%, making a total of 33.4%. Since Mazda isn't a US Corporation, it does not trade on the NYSE, it trades on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The effect of Ford's aquisition of Mazda shares allowed Ford the ability to elect a couple of directors they wanted in place on Mazda's board of directors. The Mazda Corporation still operates as it did prior to 1996, the only difference is now Mazda and Ford have a joint venture, as such they share designs and other manufacturing elements.

I hope this makes things easier to understand.

Now forget the fact that Ford owns 33.4% of Mazda's shares, because it doesn't matter!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.