Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Recently while driving my Mazdaspeed 6 I have been hearing a grinding/scraping noise at around 2000-3000 RPM no matter what gear i'm in (More noticeable in lower gear at neighborhood speed). The sound appears to be coming from the middle or rear middle of the car. I took it to a mechanic and at first we thought it might have been the rear rotors. We replaced those and still the sound persisted.

When the sound continued I took it to another mechanic and he said it sounds as if the throw-out bearing is making the noise. Does that sound right to anyone? I am not very familiar with the piece itself. When the noise shows itself I am always in gear and don't have my foot anywhere near the clutch.

Any thoughts on what it could be, or if the mechanic is right? He said that the noise is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Me and my buddy took it for a ride to see where the sound was coming from, it sounds more like its just a little bit behind the engine (A little bit in front of the center console). The sound usually begins at around 2,500 RPM. Any information would be awesome!

Thank You!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Could be something with the exhaust? Your description sounds like where the downpipe runs. Something you could check is if the driveshaft is banging against the downpipe.

Any aftermarket stuff under the hood?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts