Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm pretty sure most, if not all of you peeps has heard about this.
We need a head count of all Mazda6clubHawaii peeps who are definitely going to attend this event.
Each individual club/crew is responsible for coming up with a $60.00 entry fee to cover the cost of prizes.
Example.......if only three of us attend, then our individual fee's will be $20.00, if four of us attend, then our individual fee's will be $15.00, if 6 attend then $10.00 each.....you get the idea.
Please start making plans asap as we will be needing this car count soon.
Do what you gotta do to attend this event.....request the day off, take one day vacation, call in sick, beg the wife, etc.....lol
Cutter Mazda Ala Moana will be hosting this event with food and entertainment along with allowing us to use their grounds.
We're trying to make this years Mazdafest the biggest and best ever!
Any questions post um up, or PM one of us OG's.....LonelyDriverTelkin, Monkeyboydrew, or myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of cars that are paying entry fee.....
1. Bigbaddad
2. MZR-6i
3. robz808
4. Monkeyboydrew
5. drew55
6. 8o8mazda6

·
Registered
606 Posts
katsu...count me in..let me know if i can do anything else...

Reactions: Bigbaddad

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When is this mazdafest?? I will get David to this : )
June 20th 2010 (Sunday)
spectators, 11:00am-3:00pm (we will be there way earlier than that)
Cutter Mazda Ala Moana (800 Ala Moana Blvd.)
Hope to see you guys there!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Cool! If you need set up help and what not just let me know. I know it has been a while so pm if anyone needs my number.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm 90% sure I'm in. Just gotta confirm with work that I can get the day off (I should be able to). Hopefully my 6 will have something new by then... I know I won't be in the running as far as winning any trophies go but I sure wouldn't mind attending and checking out all the other cars.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm 90% sure I'm in. Just gotta confirm with work that I can get the day off (I should be able to). Hopefully my 6 will have something new by then... I know I won't be in the running as far as winning any trophies go but I sure wouldn't mind attending and checking out all the other cars.
Post up asap when you find out if you can or cannot attend.
Also, if you can attend you're not planning on entering your car?
Cause if not, you might not be able to park on the lot cause of space constraints.
Rotareasearch was saying that space might be tight, so only the cars that pay might be able to park on the premises.

·
Registered
381 Posts
So the cars on the lot are only the one's entering the show, then everyone else parking elsewhere? I wouldn't want to take up what limited space is provided with my pretty stock car... definitely not show car status. I still wouldn't mind helping pay for the trophy/set-up/whatevers though as it's for the Mazda community.

*on a side note, any 6club stickers? lol... I know not everyone likes stickers...

·
Registered
458 Posts
It will be my cousin's Speed 6 will be entering, possibly. Not certain, will chip in for the trophy.

By the way, Katsu, in the next mini-meet you want the people to bring youz the money?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LDT, I was thinking of maybe collecting the monies at the April monthly meet.
Not really sure but I think you need to register and pay the entry fee to the EMP crew if you going enter your cousins Speed 6.

808mazda6, if you're willing to pay an entry fee, then your car will be on the lot with the rest of us.
The more 6's the merrier! lol
Besides, I've seen your whip, and it's a pretty sweet ride!
I hope you can make it.
LMK as soon as you find out if you can or can't.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
*on a side note, any 6club stickers? lol... I know not everyone likes stickers...
No, we never made any Mazda6clubHawaii stickers.
I was thinking of making some, but wasn't sure how much interest there would be.
And of course, there's also the cost of making them.
And comming up with a design.....

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Okay guys, this years Mazdafest hit a pretty big speed bump.....

Originally Posted by Rotaresearch
To all club representatives and members planning to attend or helping with the planning of MazdaFest Hawaii 2010.

I have just received word yesterday that Cutter Ala Moana Mazda will be cutting their lot in half, starting as early as April 1st 2010.

The owner has decided to get rid of the overflow lot located across the street from the main showroom.
As a result all the vehicles will be moved to the one side where the showroom is located.

I have yet to receive word on if they would still be able to figure something out for us, but I can imagine that there will not be any room for us at all.

At this time I would like to see if anyone would still be willing to put together a event.

If so would anyone have any ideas on a location we can make use of.

I know this is most disappointing for many of you who have been looking forward and helping in the planing stages, but as of now it is going to go in to effect and it is out of my control.

If we are willing to continue to set an event up elsewhere we can start looking for a location and do some adjustments.

Taka (Rotaresearch)

P.S.: if this message was sent to the wrong person please forward it to the appropriate representatives.

Lets just continue doing our car count as if this still is going to happen.
So post up if you are a guarantee in, and I'll add you to the list.
As for alternate locations, in the event we need to find one I suggested Kakaako parking lot, and Cutter Mazda Waipahu.
Anyone got any other ideas?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Okay guys, this years Mazdafest hit a pretty big speed bump.....

Originally Posted by Rotaresearch
To all club representatives and members planning to attend or helping with the planning of MazdaFest Hawaii 2010.

I have just received word yesterday that Cutter Ala Moana Mazda will be cutting their lot in half, starting as early as April 1st 2010.

The owner has decided to get rid of the overflow lot located across the street from the main showroom.
As a result all the vehicles will be moved to the one side where the showroom is located.

I have yet to receive word on if they would still be able to figure something out for us, but I can imagine that there will not be any room for us at all.

At this time I would like to see if anyone would still be willing to put together a event.

If so would anyone have any ideas on a location we can make use of.

I know this is most disappointing for many of you who have been looking forward and helping in the planing stages, but as of now it is going to go in to effect and it is out of my control.

If we are willing to continue to set an event up elsewhere we can start looking for a location and do some adjustments.

Taka (Rotaresearch)

P.S.: if this message was sent to the wrong person please forward it to the appropriate representatives.

Lets just continue doing our car count as if this still is going to happen.
So post up if you are a guarantee in, and I'll add you to the list.
As for alternate locations, in the event we need to find one I suggested Kakaako parking lot, and Cutter Mazda Waipahu.
Anyone got any other ideas?

hey katsu,

i get the mazda zoom-zoom mag and i'm the proces of getting some publicity for the meet... and maybe if i can work it right, get some pics in one of the upcoming issues....so bring your good cameras out for this one and the 89mm zoom lens.....lol

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, just got off the phone with the Manager at Cutter Mazda Waipahu, and they're interested in hosting us.
Maybe no food or entertainment, but they're willing to move cars around to try and accomidate us which is pretty cool.
Gotta go and meet with them next week.
Post up if you coming!

Monkeyboydrew added to the list!

·
Registered
944 Posts
y I aint coming, Im done with mazda the 6 and all of it. Anywhoo selling (1) mazda 6 w/ body kit and rim 15000 and (1) mazdaspeed 6 with all kinds of stuff 20000, see ya, liked ya, but Im done with it all.

ahahahahahahah just joking.....oh course I will be there.....jeesh did you actually believe that crap.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
^ f*cker, LOL!......that kind of money would make a good down pymt on a GT-R!!!
you bringing both cars shit head?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts