Mazda 6 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well here is a quick update-Orange is so quick!!!!!!!! Not only did that give me a quick reply to my email but the answer to the issue. Tried to upload the tune again and it was successful first try! if anyone has any hesitation about this company or your own ability to do this do not hesitate.

·
Registered
282 Posts
thanks for the support :)

I know the last 2 weeks or so we have got a bit off track with our new file drop schedule, These last 2 weeks have been a little crazy, getting several customers setup for the newest software release, currently finishing a few patch harnesses for our ECUTek swap, and finishing a customers engine build, and then for the first time my 15 month old gets sick! she never gets sick!

Oh and how lucky that yesterday my cars turbo failed... I lost a $1700 borgwarner EFR!! so that's a small setback.
I'll be looking t oget everyone back in order tonight through wednesday, and then I'll be out of state for a couple days (i'll be taking my pc with me so i'll stay in the loop with everyone).

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am still gathering the hardware/software needed to get a tune, but in the meantime I have a quick question - will one tune work well in all weather conditions? Throughout the year here the air temp can range from 0 degrees (F) to 90.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
OrangeVirus Tuning, Are these tutorials for ecuEdit applicable to mazdaEdit?
epifanSoftware | mazdaEdit | Video tutorials

Also, what parameters are you editing in the HEX with mazdaedit Pro version that is not editable in the tables, which the personal version can edit? It would be really appreciated if you could list them so I'm not pointlessly searching through tables to edit something I can't edit.

Also do you re-title the tables in your tunes, and will I see those titles in my Mazdaedit personal version?

·
Registered
114 Posts
How long did it take you guys to recieve your first instructional email? I sent my ROM on monday expected an email back by now. Excuse my impatience I'm just excited to get tuning! The scheduled file days (Wednesday and Friday I think) are only for receiving flashes, right?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Isn't OVT on vacation until next week?

Also, it took about a week or so for me to get started (from buying epifan's software to getting base tune from OVT)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yep sorry guys, not on vacation, but doing some work in Las Vegas. I'm out of office but I brought my PC so I am still getting at it when I can.

Also ECUedit tutorials are a really good starting point to the datalogging portions of MazdaEdit.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Alright I just read through this and didn't see anyone else have this issue.

I just did my stock ECU dump, saved the file as requested, and it disappeared(ish)! I can still see the Name_STOCK.dump file when I go to the "Open" screen in mazdaEdit, but I cannot see it in my windows explorer, nor can I attach it to an email. Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Alright I just read through this and didn't see anyone else have this issue.

I just did my stock ECU dump, saved the file as requested, and it disappeared(ish)! I can still see the Name_STOCK.dump file when I go to the "Open" screen in mazdaEdit, but I cannot see it in my windows explorer, nor can I attach it to an email. Anyone else run into this?
Searching doesn't find it either?
I know I had an issue when I started logging; mazdaedit was saving everything to a directory that was very burried... I just did a search for *.dump and I think it was found in the AppData folder...

Maybe try turning on the 'show hidden files and folders' in windows explorer's view settings?

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Searching doesn't find it either?
I know I had an issue when I started logging; mazdaedit was saving everything to a directory that was very burried... I just did a search for *.dump and I think it was found in the AppData folder...

Maybe try turning on the 'show hidden files and folders' in windows explorer's view settings?
I gave up on finding it and did another dump, this time saving to the desktop. It worked out that time. Still not sure what happened, but oh well. Moving on to the fun part!

·
Registered
925 Posts
@OrangeVirus Tuning Hey OVT, do you have an ETA of when I will get the next tune file? I emailed you some logs last sunday

thanks, jerry

·
Registered
282 Posts
@OrangeVirus Tuning Hey OVT, do you have an ETA of when I will get the next tune file? I emailed you some logs last sunday

thanks, jerry
I see it, will be updating tonight.

Sometimes I don't see the logs if you send me an email with them, and then another email on top, then I can't see the attachments until I go through the entire convo. that is sometimes what causes file delays if you send me the logs then email after email on top

·
Registered
925 Posts
I see it, will be updating tonight.

Sometimes I don't see the logs if you send me an email with them, and then another email on top, then I can't see the attachments until I go through the entire convo. that is sometimes what causes file delays if you send me the logs then email after email on top
alright sounds good I figured that is what might have happened, thanks for the update. Btw I am not in a rush so take your time on the tune/updates if you need to

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi all. Has the new version of Mazdaedit been released yet? I've been holding off on doing another dump since I was getting incomplete results with the older version.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and haven't seen any updates... apologies if I missed it.

Thanks,
e harmon

·
Registered
925 Posts
i too ran into issues with file flashing with the latest updated mazdaedit software. @OrangeVirus Tuning, i sent you a email detailing the problem

81 - 100 of 267 Posts