Mazda 6 Forums banner
221 - 240 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Thanks to Rafael at OVT Philippines and Epifan for getting me setup with my Tactrix and mazdaEdit software registration on a new laptop. I've had the OVT on my 2014 Mazda 6 almost since new and I do love it!
Good to know that everything is fine.
How difficult is the tuning process, that is the main thing holding me back from purchasing it?
I don't think it is so difficult. All you need is your laptop and the kit that comes with OVT. Then, an open road and time is all you need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys i'm new to MazdaEdit and maybe someone can help me. There is anything maybe i did wrong before the Flash Process, but i don't know what. Everything (Programm, OP Connector, VIN) is registered, but i receive the following Error when i try to flash a Stock MAP. See the Screenshot.

I followed this Steps and stuck at after Step No.4

1. Launch flash utility. If launched
directly from MEP then you will need to load a HEX
from ROM/MAP Editor you are good to go

2. Connect the OP2 to the car and laptop
3. Turn the ignition key to full OFF ( If u don't the flash will fail)
4. Hit the Flash button in the toolbar ( little gray box with arrow pointing at it)
5. Turn on ignition and hit ok and wait for the flash to complete = about 6 minutes
6. Turn ignition full off when prompted and hit OK
7. Turn On ignition when prompted and hit OK
8. Turn ignition full off when prompted and hit OK
9. Done

If the flash process fails, and it does now and then,
DO NOT attempt to start the car this could be a very bad thing to do.
Re-seat the OP2 adapter and connections to the laptop
repeat process

Attachments

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I figured he'd gone on vacation or smt. Just never heard back from him after giving my logs.
I'll ask him tomorrow. And when was your last email to him?

If I may ask, what is "smt"? It may seem like a stupid question but I'm not familiar with online lingo. Surely I'll laugh once I get an answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll ask him tomorrow. And when was your last email to him?

If I may ask, what is "smt"? It may seem like a stupid question but I'm not familiar with online lingo. Surely I'll laugh once I get an answer.
Haha means 'something'. Thanks for asking! Dec 11th was when I sent the last email. No biggie if he's on vacation.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is the Orange Virus tune still available? I don't see anything on their website related to Mazda, and I'm super interested in this. My '84 GTI got off the line faster than this car (ok so I put in a new exhaust including downpipe, cold air intake, a 286 cam, valve job, and probably more stuff I'm forgetting... but it was still a 1.8L 8v.

I know the Mazda is capable of much more than I'm getting, but these guys seem to have disappeared... ?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
They still do tunes; OVT Philippines - Rafael Bautista - is the fellow who does them.

Please note that they are not exactly encouraging business (Toyota is by far their mainstay) and we want to preserve access to Rafael as best we can... so your expectations on the time between communications should be moderated. Just be patient.

By all accounts Rafael does good work.

See the attachment.

Attachments

221 - 240 of 277 Posts