Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Mazda6i Headers Pricing Released!!!

nikolas, where are you guys located???

and thanks for the info on the header size and what not, and may i ask when the single exhaust will be out also?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6i Headers Pricing Released!!!'

I live in Palmdale.....we dont have a shop ( I wish we did :( ) ..... We do most of our R&D work at a friends shop in Glendale.

Nikolas

·
Registered
377 Posts

hey nikolas,

unfortunatly, at this time, i am having some finacial difficulties.. and i will not be able to purchase the MAZDA6i headers.. so therefore it would be great if you can cancel my order..

the order number is. ORDER #:5286

again, sorry for the inconvinence.

THANKS

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Supreme,

I have asked Marty at MSDS if he is interested in making long tube headers for the V6.. He says he will make them, but they will cost nearly $1000 for a set.

As far as being smog legal, no header set for the Mazda6 V6 will ever be smog legal. There is absolutely no way to retain the factory Pre Cats.....

Also, im sure once you were to install a set of the MSDS headers, you wouldnt complain about the price. They make THAT much of a difference. Sometimes it takes a good amount of money to buy quality parts that will make great power and last a long time. You could always wait for WeaponR to release their "made in Taiwan" copies of these headers...

Nikolas

·
Registered
83 Posts

hey Nick you still have any header left for sale? and how long will it take to make a second batch ? if you already sold all your preorders ? Due you have a set date on release ? thank you

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Jasoo,

Are you asking about the Mazda6i headers? The headers have not been produced yet..they should be produced in the next couple of weeks though. You can still place your order for one and I will just add you to the list. We wont bill your credit card until the header ships out.

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Nothing yet:(

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Mazda6i Headers Pricing Released!!!'

The last I spoke with our fabricator the headers were going to be built before the July 4th weekend. I will call him back today and get an update.

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,252 Posts

Cool. I'm merely concerned that this work is being done by the provider/designer who took forever to even acknowledge the problems (referred to here and elsewhere) that existed (and still do?) with the V6 headers! Any comments?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

ashutoshsm

The problems with the V6 headers were addressed and taken care of nearly a month ago. The main reason it took so long for the problems to be fixed was because the people who were experiencing the problems did not contact either us or the manufacturer (MSDS) directly. I never received an email or a phone call, but rather, found out about this issue from a third party who saw a post on a message board. Had we been contacted immediately following the incident of the Y-pipe extension coming off, the problem would have been resolved VERY quickly relative to the event occuring.

We have had no issues with the headers built by MSDS for the Cougar, Contour, Escape and even our Focus header. I have absolutely no doubts that the Mazda6i header is a high quality piece.

Now, for an update. I spoke with Marty and the steel piping for our Mazda6i header arrived today (Wednesday) and the remaining flanges will arrive next week. The final flange on the header had to be specially designed and all laser cut out of thick steel. Once the flanges arrive then the final fabrication can take place.

I will post another update next week after fabrication has progressed. The sooner I can begin shipping these headers the better. If you, or anyone else has questions for this and any of the other products we sell, PLEASE write us an email or call us. I dont always have time to check the message boards, but I always have time to read my email.

Happy Motoring!

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

Hopefully we'll be ZoomZoom-ing some more once we get these headers in our hands. :)

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

:D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

SPoke with the fabricator today and the tubing arrived yesterday and the headers are being bent up right now. We are still waiting for the laser cut exit flanges to arrive, but we do have the cylinder head flanges in stock.

The tubing should be bent up pretty quickly, relatively speaking, and then it has to be cut and welded together. Hopefully we dont get screwed by the flange supplier this time.

Nikolas

21 - 40 of 44 Posts