Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

The price on our ceramic coated 4-1 header for the 2.3L Mazda6i (Atenza) will be $360 and we will begin shipping the headers out in 6 weeks. The first batch will consist of 15 headers, so those of you who want to get in on the first batch, please submit an order for a header.

I will be adding an item to our store shortly with more detail of the header. Road testing is going very well so far on our Mazda6i. The engine revs much more easily from 4000-7000rpm and the revs drop less in between shifts. The added power coming out of corners helps, as I have been able to test the car on some local twisty roads.

We expect power gains to be around 7-10hp to the wheels. We will be dynoing our test car before the Las Vegas meet the first weekend in June.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Nikolas

·
Registered
135 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda6i Headers Pricing Released!!!

Nikolas

I know these questions are coming, so I'll go ahead and ask.

How loud is it? Does a header upgrade have any drone or rasp of an poorly-modded exhaust? Or would it just be a bit louder, deeper or what?

Will you be dynoing it as a single upgrade to stock? Or will you test it in conjunction with an intake upgrade?

I know most that get this will already have an intake, so I'm curious about that.

·
Registered
377 Posts

i will be in for the 6i headers.. how do i order them? can i get the first??
how is installation?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Our Mazda6i still has our prototype short ram intake installed on it, so we will keep the intake on for this dyno test.

Following the June Vegas meet, our Cold Air INtake project for both the 2.3L and 3.0L Mazda6 will ramp back up again. :)

Nikolas

·
Registered
135 Posts

Excellent. Thanks for the good news. I am really looking forward to this. Now, what's it sound like and will I get better mileage, cooler engine temps, etc? ;)

I say release the intakes as they are. I've had an Injen on my 6i for 10k miles and haven't gotten a CEL (despite the one I got when I accidentally fried my MAF, but that's another story). Perhaps some ECU tuning will come out that will take care of this in the future.

Either way, I'd say put the intakes out there and just have a sticker or notice like Injen now does. There's no reason for you guys to be sitting on the sidelines when everyone else is selling their intakes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6i Headers Pricing Released!!!'

Here is a link to the header in our online store:

http://store.draxas.com/store/shop.mpl?Cat...,20,27&Item=429

Road testing has continued to go very well. The prototype will be taken back to the fabrication facility at the end of this week. Headers will be ready to ship out to customers no later than June 14th, although we very well might beat that date by 1-2 weeks.

Happy Motoring!

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

when will there be dyno run? i'd like to see that before i order. I have the MF cat-back and its a bit loud. will this make it louder?

·
Registered
83 Posts

i wanted to know if the header are going to be carb-legal ...will it pass inspection ? thank

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The 4-1 Header for the 2.3L Mazda will be smog legal and you will pass inspection.

We will dyno our car the last week of May, once we have a production quality header placed on our test car.

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

Originally posted by jasoo517

i wanted to know if the header are going to be carb-legal ...will it pass inspection ?  thank
I just planned on putting the factory heat shield back on. like they're gonns notice. lol:D

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

:cheers

·
Registered
377 Posts

HEY NIKOLAS,

I WAS WONDERING IF WE COULD POSSIBLY GET FREE SHIPPING, AS THE ORDER CAME OUT TO BE MORE THEN $400... UM.. IF POSSIBLE.. PLEASE GIVE US FREE SHIPPING,

JUST ASKING.. IF NOT.. THAT IS FINE..

THANKS

SHERMAN

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Yeah, more than likely we will offer free shipping on this header. The version of our store software we are using now wont allow me to make the item come with $0 shipping. However, we are in the process of migrating to a newer version of the software, where we will be able to make an item come with free shipping.

If you place your order now, I will just delete the shipping fee when I go to charge your credit card in a few weeks.

Nikolas

·
Registered
228 Posts

Nikolas, just placed my order, thanks again for completing this so quickly! Cannot wait for it to arrive!

·
Registered
377 Posts

hey nikolas...

you know how the oulet at the end of the headers? how it is 2.5"??

if i still have stock exhaust everything... is it going to fit? or do i have to get a new CAT and EXHAUST?

·
Registered
944 Posts

Originally posted by got_rice64

hey nikolas...

you know how the oulet at the end of the headers? how it is 2.5"??

if i still have stock exhaust everything... is it going to fit? or do i have to get a new CAT and EXHAUST?
I was going to ask the same question :)

Do i get free shipping too Nikolas? ;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Mazda6i Headers Pricing Released!!!

The way the 4-1 header is designed, the 2.5" opening will fit perfectly with the stock factory catalytic converter assembly.

The opening of the pipe that leads into the factory cat is very wide (you will see when you take it apart). You will re-use the factory exhaust gasket that is shaped like a squished donut.

So the answer to your question in short..... you do not have to change anything. The header will bolt right up. :)

Deano... I will credit you the amount that a package typically costs to ship in the U.S.....so you will save a little money. International shipping isnt cheap. :(

Nikolas

1 - 20 of 44 Posts