Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that our Mazda6i (Atenza) 2.3L Headers are now complete and shipping out. You can see pics and descriptions of the header at this link:

http://store.draxas.com/detail.asp?Cat=&Sub=&Item=430

I currently have 4 of these headers in stock out of the first batch of ten. We have ten more headers completed, but we are waiting to send them to ceramic coating until we sell a few more of the ones we have in stock. Your header will be shipped out the same day you place your order via FedEx Ground Shipping (Free Shipping).

If you have any questions regarding our Mazda6i Header, please email me at:

[email protected]

Happy Motoring,

Nikolas

·
Registered
577 Posts
Your vehicle will pass an emissions test with our header installed.

Stretch,

Heres a deal for you.... You can buy a header from us and install it on your Mazda6i and if you arent happy with:

The performance gains
Build Quality
Looks
Lower underhood temps
Lighter weight

then you can return the header to us for a full refund. I wouldnt be selling these headers if I wasnt happy with all 5 of those criteria myself. We will try to get a new dyno of this setup ASAP. I have to install a header onto our old Mazda6i (now owned by my sister in law) and then we have to make an appointment at the dyno facility (hard to get an appointment at times).

For those interested in purchasing this header, we currently have 3 headers in stock. Your header will be shipped out the day after you order it via FedEx Ground Shipping.

Nikolas

·
Registered
56 Posts
How about some DECENT headers for the 6s. The 6i allready has some pretty good headers from the factory. The exhaust manifolds on the 6s SUCK.

At least where I live, the MSDS headers are completly useless because the remove ALL CATS. Now how many people are going to turn their new 6s into a track only 'off road vehicle"????? My guess is not many, and thats probably why only the people who live in states with no emisions test would even consider getting the MSDS headers.

In most states, if your vehicle came with a CAT(s), than you can leagally replace it with an aftermarket CAT. I would really like to see a set of headers that either retain the stock CATs or come with a aftermarket high flow CAT.

So, anyway, the point is that the 6i will not benefit all that much from aftermarket headers because it allready has headers. The 6s comes with extremly restrictive log style exhaust manifolds and desparatly needs some decent headers.

If you make decent headers for the 6s, they will sell, and I will be the first in line to buy them.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Originally posted by timba24@Aug 18 2004, 03:30 PM
nikolas when are you guys plannin on releasing a catback or sometihng for the 6i as I loved the sound of the axle back you had made
[snapback]293654[/snapback]​
Timba,

More than likely we will have our new exhaust fabrication company design a kit for the 6i after we are done having them build our Mazda3 exhaust kit.

There is also a possibility that we re-design our Mazda6s exhaust system.

Our Mazda3 kits wont be complete for at least 45 days or so, just to give you a figure on our timeline. I do want to support the Mazda6i though, so it will happen, its just a matter of time. Now that we have changed the company we have build our exhaust kits, im more confident in our ability to compete on a quality level with the better exhaust system companies.

Nikolas

·
Registered
577 Posts
Timba,

The mufflers used in the new kit will be of a different design. The price may go up slightly as all of our new exhaust kits are made out of T-304 Stainless Steel (mufflers, flanges, piping, welding material, fasteners, etc).

Hoosteen,

Dyno for what?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hoosteen,

I still havent had a chance to re-install the header on my sister in-law's Mazda6i As soon as she can be without her car for a few hours I will re-install it and then arrange for a session at the dyno shop.

Nikolas

·
Registered
577 Posts
We will have a pretty good idea of how the new mufflers will sound once we complete our Mazda3 exhaust system. We will be using the same style muffler for the Mazda3. And being that the engine is exactly the same, sound should be very similar. If anything, the Mazda6 version should be a bit mellower as the Mazda6 kit will have two mufflers in the rear as opposed to one for the Mazda3.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Nikolas. Did you receive my email?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Timba,

That is a good question...... I have yet to determine if we will go to a full cat back or just use an axle back.

Our header exits in 2.5" Diameter....but it still connects to the factory cat assembly. I know the cat assembly has an entrance diameter of 2.5", but I do not know what the exit diameter is.

I dont want to offer two different types of exhaust for the Mazda6 2.3L...

one with a 2.5" main pipe and one with a 2.25" main pipe.

Now that I dont have easy access to a 2.3L Mazda6, I will have to wait until I re-install the header on my sister in law's Mazda6 2.3L to measure the exit of the cat assembly.

I would like to offer a full cat back... but only if the gains will be worth it compared to an axle back.

Nikolas

1 - 20 of 24 Posts