Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a wired problem with My 2005 Mazda6i, Wednesday morning, I was driving to work and I was in traffic and the car just cut off on me after doing an erratic idle all of a sudden, started it back up and it was fine, but today driving to work again and whiles in traffic I felt it doing the same thing wanting to cut off, I had to put the thing into manual mode so I can keep the RPM above 1000, but its not a frequent problem, before I got to work, I ran into traffic again and I switched it back to automatic and it was fine for the most part, The care is stock, no CELs ever came on. Was wondering if it was the Throttle body playing up? Any ides guys?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
sounds like a fuel cut problem... if your car is under warrenty i would take it to the shop asap.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah could be the TB, it funny how everyones TB is starting to do this during the summer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i took it into the Dealer and they updated the Computer, Reset the Idle timing and cleaned the throttle body, did not get the problem this morning, so will see how it goes

What can I use to clean the throttle body myself?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well i took it into the Dealer and they updated the Computer, Reset the Idle timing and cleaned the throttle body, did not get the problem this morning, so will see how it goes

What can I use to clean the throttle body myself?
[/b]
That would be Throttle Body / Carbuerator cleaner. The TB should only get a mild carbon film on the back side of the butterfly plate, not really anything that should affect it's operation. If your TB is getting dirty enough to mess up the idle, I would suspect some other problems allowing carbon or oil sludge into your intake. :huh:

If you remove the accordian, you should be able clean the TB, although honestly, there isn't really much to clean. I suspect there might have been have been an air leak somewhere behind the MAF or a dirty MAF. :headscrat:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Do you live in high altitude states such as Colorado? If yes there is a revised version of fuel pump to solve the stalling and rough idle issue. Also get the latest PCM and TCM update. Check air filter to make sure it's clean and no clog.

You car is pretty new, so I doubt your spark plugs have problems and fuel system should be clean.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had this same type of issue and it was bad spark plug wires!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have had the same problem and have taken it to mazda on three different occasions and they couldn't find anything wrong with the car. The flashed it, they have cleaned out the tb and still every couple of months I will be driving and its starts being hesitant and stalls on me. I start it back up and then it fine. The last couple of times it started to do it I just shut it off and restarted it. but I can't seem to find what the hell is wrong with it. Its a 2004 6i with 79,000 and its been doing this since 30,000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts