Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1703 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I opened this thread for discussion on any subject you guys wanna post up, but feel it doesn't need a whole new thread started.

So, I'll get started with........

Cynt, so how'z the new ARW/Ron Davis Racing Radiator working out? I still feel bad about breaking the bolt on the drivers side Radiator fan shroud! <_< Can I still have one of your Ron Davis decals for my tool cabinet? :D
Oh yeah, for those of you that don't know yet, I finally got my CP-e intake in the wifes car (and got it started, [email protected]*k'n Andy :lol: ). Now I gotta start measuring up a trans cover/heat sheild for it. I really don't like the big opening ther under the intake pipe.

---Aloha

·
Registered
922 Posts
yeh...smashed my fender last night... need a new one... sucks to be me..

·
Registered
922 Posts
in a nut shell....

"wow these tires take wet roads really good! It's like your not even on wet pavement. Watch..." so a jerk to the left, a jerk to the right, and around we go....

·
Registered
922 Posts
yeh.. a bit... the good news is that ONLY the stoopid fender was damaged..

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much is it gonna be to fix?
**yikes!**

---Aloha

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Why u guys no how for install springs and shocks? I got da kine, da MS springs and da Koni Yellows I gotta put um on when I get um....

·
Registered
915 Posts
Shoot, well its leaking from where you broke that bolt off!

:laugh:
AWR, It's all good as far as I can see, my 2ndary temp gauge is next to useless now... hardly moves up at all... :sarc: guess thats what you get with a race radi, 160* T-Stat and mostly water with Purple Ice! :love:
I have not driven much as my current suspention woes, damn stock endlinks!, annoy me too much. new ones are on the way. maybe i'll replace the water temp, with a trany oil temp, it needs it more, need to pick up another B&M tranny cooler!

Koni's are nice, don't go past 1 turn on the rears! trust me! its a PITA to get the rears on but take your time with it, i still need to do the fronts. But, i have heard that the fronts are a bit easier? at least more straight forward.

You guys know anybody looking for a 6? i know a dude looking to sell. Think its a 2004, my color (volcanic red) hatch, with the I4. think he wants to do @ or around blue book, its in good shape, dark tint, the rest stock. he is moving to Kawai and not taking the car. :tear:

Nice job Katsu! we need a thead just to talk story!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Why u guys no how for install springs and shocks? I got da kine, da MS springs and da Koni Yellows I gotta put um on when I get um....
[/b]
i would take'um to the shop, unless u get one of those coil compressors.

·
Registered
922 Posts
How much is it gonna be to fix?
**yikes!**

---Aloha
[/b]
well the fender and liner i can get online for less than 200 believe it or not.. but shipping is insane. i'm hoping sabrina or tommy at Rosenthal can get the parts to me for less...

as for paint.. i gotta get up with your paint guy when the fender gets in...

i would take'um to the shop, unless u get one of those coil compressors.
[/b]
spring compressors are overrated.. i did mine without a compressor... granted i nearly broke my forearm in the process... but yeh it can be done without...haha

·
Registered
915 Posts
I got da kine spring compressors, bra!

but honestly, if you don't enjoy busting your ass on your car, take it to a shop to get them done.

i have a persistant annoying squeek, may be my busted endlinks, may be the konis? but yea, it should be worth the $ to take it to a pro.

·
Registered
922 Posts
ahhh the joys of a DIY job well done....

seriously, i just hate forking over cash to someone for a job i could do myself with a bit of effort... plus you can learn if it's your first time..

·
Registered
206 Posts
heh i remember my 1st experience w/the spring compressor...i was cutting the springs for my 1993 mitsubishi mirage. tried to do it myself, with no compressor, pretty dangerous taking the coils off the shocks. i was 16... so then i went out and bought one for like $100 or something, still was difficult.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know everybody loves to look at pics, so here's a sneek peek at what my CP-e will look like, under the hood.....

enjoy, for now..........

[attachmentid=15867] [attachmentid=15868]

---Aloha

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
cheehee....failed my recon today....but lex brodie passed my safety check

mann bigbaddad i jus read in the mspec fourm that ur daughter goes to moanalua high....i go there hahaha

·
Registered
915 Posts
Bigbaddad, shoot man, i think the CF sticker works, at least till you make the bigger shield!

Oh, think i may have to drain some of that tranny fluid, feels sluggish, and damn my rear suspention squeeking, i got a head ache just from driving to wally world and back! i got some work to do yet, hope those endlinks get in soon! oh and get the fan controler replaced... *sigh* :slap:

and then throw the konis in up front and the CP-E engine mount in...

BUT, i did get the Subie's headlights out, baked and painted! try to get some photos of that up sometime, still need to convince Erica just to show up to the meet sometime.

·
Registered
922 Posts
mackenzie, any radar will do as long as it detects lasers... if you want the best go with Valentine One... their detector tell you where the signal is coming from and you can download updates for it online, so it has the best detection software always.... but look to spend about 400 for that unit...

my experience with spring compressors.... i took the stock coil off with a racket and i was standing on the coil... well it shot the ratches out of my hand and the spring with boot on top slammed my forearm. bruised it good and sent parts across the hard...

oh yeh i almost forgot. thursday i'll be ordering my fender and liner from sabrina, just FYI.... 325 for everything shipped!!! not bad at all IMO.

Paul

1 - 20 of 1703 Posts