Mazda 6 Forums banner

8461 - 8480 of 8511 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have two kinds of BS to discuss. First off, how bout the Top Gear boys signing with amazon? This move takes amazon's video service up a notch, since it was pretty bleh before. I hope it resembles the old show, although the producers had a bit to do with its charm I'm sure.

Now for the bad BS. Hit a possum or raccoon the other night

I pulled and pushed a bit and it looks significantly better but the paint is still cracked. Since this car has to impress nobody but me, I figure I'll see if I can't do a little DIY body and paint work.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
+1 on the new "Top Gear" show on Amazon. Guess I'll get my Prime membership that I've been holding off.

In other BS... umm... uhh... it's hot outside?

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
I have two kinds of BS to discuss. First off, how bout the Top Gear boys signing with amazon? This move takes amazon's video service up a notch, since it was pretty bleh before. I hope it resembles the old show, although the producers had a bit to do with its charm I'm sure.

Now for the bad BS. Hit a possum or raccoon the other night

I pulled and pushed a bit and it looks significantly better but the paint is still cracked. Since this car has to impress nobody but me, I figure I'll see if I can't do a little DIY body and paint work.
Wow that stinks! What a pain in the butt. I was lucky about a month ago. Ran over a raccoon or something on the highway but luckily it was dead center of the car and low - just tapped it with my underbody. Hope you can fix it up well enough.

+1 on the new "Top Gear" show on Amazon. Guess I'll get my Prime membership that I've been holding off.

In other BS... umm... uhh... it's hot outside?
As a French-Canadian Hockey player - Anything over 65 is too hot - I'm roasting lately.

·
Registered
66 Posts
WOW anything 65 and under I'm freeeezzzing my a$$ off haha. You differently wouldn't last down here in Texas where it's +90 from March-November!!

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
WOW anything 65 and under I'm freeeezzzing my a$$ off haha. You differently wouldn't last down here in Texas where it's +90 from March-November!!
Haha I've been to Texas one time for a certification course in a programming language.

I think it was 85+ the whole week I was there and I was ready to murder someone for some AC haha.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Hey guys. Are we allowed to discuss different topics?
I enjoy talking Mazda but I would like to hear your opinion on vw.
Their recent diesel discoveries is affecting the brand value and reputation.
I personally don't mind the pollution. If it meets Europe's standards then it's no big deal.
This is what I intend. I know that they produce good cars. I will like to wait for the resale value of their cars to drop. Once this happens, I will most likely purchase a diesel and save a few thousand on the original price. What do you guys advise?

I know Mazda is working on a diesel but who knows when that will happen.

Thanks in advance.
Personally, I've never been a fan of VW and i'm glad that they've been found out. Any company trying to cheat the system deserves proper retribution.

Also, Mazda already has a diesel, but they won't be porting it to the US any time soon thanks to our stupid-strict emissions policies. I would have loved a diesel, people are claiming to get upwards of 55mpgs!

To reiterate on this - Last week monday-friday was 90+ every day. This week: 45 each morning. Love it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Diesels are flipping awesome. My pops has a 335d (basically the E90 335i, twin turbo inline 6 but it's now an oil burner) and that thing is a freak of nature. The off-the-line torque is enough to remind passengers what they ate for lunch, but you still get fantastic gas mileage.

Unfortunately this major setback will probably finish off what little reputation diesel was building in the US... oh well. It's a shame too because it's the perfect commuter engine for many americans. Lots of low-mid range thrust, good gas mileage, and very reliable.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Funny how this used to be the New England BS thread...
Yeah, and no one would ever talk in it, so I converted it over, and still no one BSes - Guess people aren't as talkative as they used to be on here...

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Drinking.

Heavily.
Cigars, GreyGhost, don't forget your cigars.

The wife and I like to try to keep all families happy, so we divvy-up which holidays to spend time with certain families. This year it's my family for Thanksgiving, should be fun.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thread Revived from the dead....

My rant..
I gave my older nephew my 05 6 Gt when I bought my 16 6 Gt. He put it under his name, but it has a cel so the car's having issues getting smogged. So right now the car has no current registration and no insurance.

I go to drop off my daughter at school today and see this in the school lot... My 05:

My nephew is up north in school and had the car sitting in the driveway. So my sister in law is allowing my younger nephew to drive the car around... NO insurance... NO registration.. And he just got his license last Wed... It took him 5x to pass the written /driving tests so we know he's a really good driver...

Just pissed at my sister in law...

Rant over

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

8461 - 8480 of 8511 Posts
About this Discussion
8.5K Replies
88 Participants
DrFeelGood
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing