Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda6 with Eibachs at Rev IT up

Hmm nice pics! Sure looks fun! But are those 6's lowered? Looks like it on the pix I think...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 with Eibachs at Rev IT up'

Originally posted by stretchsje

Yuck, that car is sitting way too low to be drivable around here.[/b]
I AGREE!! PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THAT'S NOT HOW LOW MY CAR IS GOING TO BE IF AND WHEN I GET THE EIBACH SPRINGS INSTALLED?? SOMEONE?? ANYONE????:(

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Well I can tell you it won't. But it'd be a lie. That's a beautiful drop nice and straight from front to back as well.

·
Registered
656 Posts

I like the way it looks. The stock rims and tires don't really fit with it lowered though.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally posted by eduartejr

Originally posted by stretchsje

Yuck, that car is sitting way too low to be drivable around here.[/b]
I AGREE!! PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THAT'S NOT HOW LOW MY CAR IS GOING TO BE IF AND WHEN I GET THE EIBACH SPRINGS INSTALLED?? SOMEONE?? ANYONE????:( [/b][/quote]

All I know so far is that they are on Eibach springs and running Falken Azenis 225/45-17 tires.

Contact Eibach and ask them if the ones used in the Mazda Rev It Up event are the same as production models.

·
Registered
464 Posts

you sure its not eibach springs on an aftermarket coilover setup set really low? That looks like a massive drop ~2.0inch +

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The 6 does not have coilovers in the rear

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Yes when you say it.. It IS a little TO low... hmmm

And Kincaid: Shut up! :D :p

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

According to the guy I just talked to on the phone at Eibach, those suposedly are the same as the Eibach production springs.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Hmmmm. I think a 1.5" drop would be as far as I would want. I want a nice looking (clean) side pofile - not a low rider.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

You call that low riding? No way. That's not low. It's just the GFX that makes it look lower. There's still lots of clearance.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Mazda6 with Eibachs at Rev IT up

I felt the ride was too low indeed. It wasn't attractive to me... the ride quality was ok from what I could tell, though... which was surprising.

I'd rather spend the extra money on the Mazdaspeed springs and shocks, and know the tuning has already been done for the car, as well as have a less aggressive drop.

-Alt

·
Registered
229 Posts

1.5" looks nice. I can't wait to get them on my car.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Originally posted by Altersys

I'd rather spend the extra money on the Mazdaspeed springs and shocks, and know the tuning has already been done for the car, as well as have a less aggressive drop.

-Alt[/b]
But I think they would only be for the 6i (4cyl) since Japan doesn't get the 6 cyl

·
Registered
791 Posts

That brings up an intersting point... these ebachs are probably going to be tuned for the V6!!! There aren't two different versions available for each engine.

Since Eibach doesn't make shocks for the '6 yet, can we assume the Rev It Up cars use the stock shocks with Eibachs? Did'ya happen to ask that while on the phone with Eibach, LBJay?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts