Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Does anybody know if and when the Mazda6 Wagon will be available in the US?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Wagon'

Originally posted by Blackbird

Finaly someone who has understod what it's all about :)[/b]
Are you referring to the person who wants the wagon, or the person who knows when it's coming?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda6 Wagon

No, wagons have a wood-paneled family truckster image. Any self-respecting person over here wouldn't be caught dead in a stereotypical station wagon.

People also have an obsession with SUV's. Why have a station wagon when you can get sn SUV with so much more room? And it's higher and heavier, and that makes me a better driver.

Recently, though, that mold has been broken. The Outback, while big, is a touch better, and cars like the Matrix and Protege5 have been a hit.

The Mazda6 wagon is actually nice. I don't think it'll be a huge seller, but it will sell.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

The Mazda6 wagon is actually nice.  I don't think it'll be a huge seller, but it will sell.  [/b]
I disagree, I think if Mazda can get it out in a timley manner here in the US (V6 with AWD) it could be a big seller. Some of the anti-SUV retoric will gain traction soon.

Look at the number of Taurus/Sable, Subaru and Volvo wagons. Honda & Toyota tried a couple of sedan/wagons but they were so ugly that they never sold well. The 6 has great looks and the rear suspension gives a lot of usable room inside.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

It does have potential, and with AWD it will be another player for the Outback to compete with (as right now, the Outback is the only game in town).

It will be interesting.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

I was actually refering to the Legacy Series. All Subarus are AWD. They sell a lot of Legacy sedan/wagons in my area. Owners are very loyal because they love the AWD in winter.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

SUV's are pointless.....they cost a lot more, you'll never use there off-road facilities, are heavier, so they cost more money and gas and they never drive better than normal cars (maybe the X5 then)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by LBJay

I was actually refering to the Legacy Series.[/b]
I (somewhat) innaccurately refer to the Outback and Legacy as the same thing. Sorry for any confusion. If it matters, which it doesn't.

·
Registered
683 Posts

while not really an SUV, my dakota handles great for a Truck..... ive had plenty of comments from passengers when I round a corner that it takes em better then small cars.

Im just sick of feeding the thing, im hoping that the money Ill save on gas will help offset the mothly payment of a new 6 hatch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts